cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Reciever failed with error " Missing faultstring; HTTP 200 OK"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an issue related to SOAP reciever in communication channel monitoring :

SOAP reciever adapter in error sate

Error description :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Missing faultstring; HTTP 200 OK

SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: Missing faultstring; HTTP 200 OK

Messages are in System error state in A.E message monitoring.

So, please suggest me is this connection issue or suggest me to how to proceed to process the messages .

Thanks allot for your time and quick responce.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, the HTTP Status 200 means a success. Since it is interpreted differently in your case, try to make sure that your receiver system does not return any error description text (even an empty one) although the status is success.

You can also try connecting the web service using a test tool like SOAP UI or XML Spy to see if you get a success there. This will help you identify the source of the problem (PI configuration or web service itself).

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for your quick and helpful inputs,

As you suggested, it seems to be issue with webservices.

We are requested them to have a look.

Thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The request has succeeded. The information returned with the response is dependent on the method used in the request GET an entity corresponding to the requested resource is sent in the response; HEAD the entity-header fields corresponding to the requested resource are sent in the response without any message-body; POST an entity describing or containing the result of the action; TRACE an entity containing the request message as received by the end server.

Have a look into SAP Note: 871959

Also check this thread: