Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return budget when total budget would be < 0

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have question, we know that it is not possible to return budget of a project when budget is 0. We would need this was possible (we know this is strange). Does anyone knows if it there is a solution to return budget ( CJ38 transaction) when budget Total is 0?..

Thanks a lot,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed. Changed the message type from error to warning.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

really the problem I need this it is due a design of a development done in other tool, budgets are entered in PPM and then transfered to PS. in some case it is needed transfer budget from one project to another and we can have two situations :

1) the sender project has already budgeted in PS --> no problem

2) the sender project has not already budgeted in PS --> until this moment it was not an issue due to in this case we don't let transfer budget but the user is requesting us that let do it.

I only need to know if someone knows a way to skip this standard functionality and I can return budget even the orginal budget is zero.

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the sender project is not budgeted then what is that you can transfer to a different project. And if something needs to be transfered then that means this sender project is suppsed to be budgeted and not to remain with 0. Either way; i would say; you will have to throw the error in your logic and the responsible person need to to take the corrective action. Not usre if this helps you but you will have to convince the user on this.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logically speaking i dont think this would be possible. Having budget as 0 is as good as having no budget. And if you got no budget what would you return? Besides, could you please let us know the business need behind enquiring about such a functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pl explain need for this ? Because if say it happen , you will again find the budget as 0.

Keshav

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have allocated the budget to particular project then only you will be able to return the budget. But when budget is zero then how is it possible to return.In my opinion this is not possible.

Regards,

Sandeep