cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Implementation in Taiwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

were currently investigating Solutions to handle Import / Export and Bonded Warehouse in Taiwan.

As were using GTS in DE and CH we would like to explore the possibilities we have to extend our

GTS to Taiwan.

Has anyone yet done a GTS setup in these areas for Taiwan or China?

Thank you

Pam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

thanks a lot or your input.

I was afraid that the Communication part will be the crux.

Were hoping we can find some external service provider to help on the mapping. Were doing that with MIC

today for the UK (SEA since 08).

Lets see, final decision for the software not yet taken.

Best regards,

Pam

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

But you don't need to do work for the UK - the existing GTS solution is already fully mapped. If you know of any discrepancies or missing mappings, I would be very interested to hear about them. since most of my projects are in the UK (and working well).

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

sorry i think i was a bit unclear on my comment. We communicate with the UK authorities CHIEF system out of GTS through MIC.

It is used within the Single European Authorisation process (SEA).

At the time we implemented that the communication was not possible directly.

Not sure if this works today, if so we would be very interested to know

Thank you

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

It would be great if you get the mapping directly from an external provider , I would be interested to know of the same too.

I have done a few projects in the APAC region and everytime had to work on carrying out the mappings by self .. Would be interested to understand if there indeed is a readily available data provider or reference source that can share the mapping ( other than the official guide provided by the customs authorities).

We can discuss ahead once you make a choice on the software.

Regards

Jasmit

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

No, there is nothing standard (and never will be) for SEA. That arrangement was a "pilot" project in the EU, and only about 20 traders were ever authorised. We are still waiting for the replacement 'SASP' (Single Access for Simplified Procedures) regime to be introduced as part of the "Modernised Customs Code" across the EU. If and when it arrives, I guess SAP will provide standard mappings.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Jasmit,

in Reference to the external provider i do not yet have a final info, but i was looking at 2 webpages for that that might be helpful:

1. the Pan-Asian e-commerce Alliance a group of various e-commece Service Companies in Asia.

http://www.paa.net

2. Trade-Van offering various communications services for Taiwan

http://www.itradevan.com

However i have no detailed information if they definately offer the mapping service we require. I will contact them once

it has been decided which system were going to use.

Best regards,

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure , thanks Pamela !!

In case you would need this customized too, let me know and we can work ahead on the same.

Regards,

Jasmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

I have worked on implementations for China and other Asian territories for a couple of GTS functionalities.

The scope of leveraging GTS as-is depends upon your precise requirement. As mentioned by Dave, its a considerable effort when it comes to leveraging the Customs filing aspects. In one of my projects, it took us a couple of months just to sort out the mappings and the structures to be involved in the communcations before going with the setup.

If you are looking for limited set of bonded warehouse and Import/Export functionalities - Documentation / handling the inward and outward procedures with limited systems, it is a pretty doable activity , but heavy on customization .

Regards,

Jasmit

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

I have previously implemented GTS Customs Management for a non-standard country. There is a lot of work to be done, including defining the convertor mappings between the iDoc fields and the messages required for the Customs Authority. It's not a trivial exercise, and you need a lot of knowledge about the Customs requirements and the way that GTS works internally.

If you don't need electronic messaging (only Inventory Management and paper forms), then it shouldn't be too bad - just configuration and forms development.

In the first instance, it might be worth asking SAP whether or not they have any plans to produce standard localisations for China or Taiwan.

Regards,

Dave