Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set an error/ALERT of some kind, when a file is not found on the Sender CC

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do I know of anyway to have PI set an error, or ALERT of some kind, when a file is not found on the Sender Channel once the Scheduled Availability time has passed?

For example, an interface is set to start polling for a file on the 10th at 8:00 AM, and poll every 30 minutes for 2 hours. Then at 12:00 PM, if file has not been sent after the 2 hours, PI recognizes that fact. An an error or alert of some kind is set for the Sender Channel of interface.

We have interfaces which are scheduled to run in the middle of the night, which have a corresponding SAP ECC job that is dependent on that file.

If the file is not found in PI, and sent across to SAP ECC, then the SAP ECC jobs abends. IF an error or alert was set in PI, when file not sent across, team would be made aware file was not sent, and could possibly avert the SAP ECC abend.

Any idea or help on this situation would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

issue solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please let me know how you solved this issue.. We also have the same kind of req...?

Thank you..

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Find a solution in my blog here: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/07/what-if-file-is-not-there-active-...

You will also find a reason why OS command cannot be used to create such a scenario.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to go for customisation for this, either OS Script or Adapter Module.

-Supriya

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj and Supriya,

Thanks for your reply!!

Could you please provide the OS script or Adapter module code for this requirement. It would be great help.

Regards,

Ramesh

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any Inputs for the below issue.

Could you please provide the sample OS script for this requirement

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Check the below thread...and options by Swarup Sawant at the end message..

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5075791#5075791

you can look up for option i.e use script and generate the file with the same name but with empty content so that it will get failed at PI system and notified...

HTH

Rajesh