cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import dictionary information/metadata from ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to create a salesorder from outside SAP via webservice. I'am going to do this with BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2. The BAPI has a lot of importing-, exporting-, and table-parameters and I don't want to import the RFC, because I would prefer to implement an Abap-Proxy for this task (of course inside the proxy I will use the BAPI). I also don't really want to transfer all the parameters of the BAPI manually into the Enterprise Service Builder as datatypes. Is it possible to import/transfer the parameters of an BAPI into datatypes into the PI?

Thanks in advance

Torsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

you can import the RFC to PI (can be deleted later) and pick up the wsdl. You select (XML Spy or Nodepad) the xsd part of it and manipulate the namespace (target namespace). Then you create a data type and copy the xsd inside the corresponding tab. It is a little bit tricky but when you save the data type you get useful error messages giving you hints how to manipulate the xsd.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten

you can see this blog [2878|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2878] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; to know how to convert a DDIC to a XSD.

That could help you to define after that a Data Type... , probably a manual action by merging several XSD.

Regards

Mickael

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I don't think this is possible. You only have two options here:

1. You decide to use BAPI directly from PI. You import the BAPI to PI and thus have the parameters available.

2. You opt for a proxy and create all the data structures yourself.

Anyway, the best idea might be to limit the number of importing parameters on the Sender side, but on the Receiver side you can use the BAPI with no changes (unless you require custom code).

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz