Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling an OIF toolbar element event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know your thoughts on the following (somewhat related) queries -

1. In an OIF where we have multiple main views, we have added an app specific button to the toolbar which raises a custom event.

Now, we need some logic implemented in one specific UIBB to be always executed when this toolbar button is clicked, no matter which main view is currently active (i.e. being viewed).

How can this be achieved?

2. In an OIF, if I have a main view active (being viewed), and a toolbar element is clicked, which UIBB's PROCESS_EVENT method is invoked? Is it always the active subview that gets to handle the event, or is there a way to specify which UIBB's PROCESS_EVENT should be triggered?

I am very new to FPM, so kindly excuse me if my questions are naive.

Thanks in advance,

Anubrato

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.For your 1st query, it would be easy if this part of imlpemented logic in the specific UIBB is in your class method. Call the same method on the button click and also when the UIBB is active.

2.And for the 2nd, yes, it is true that the PROCESS_EVENT is triggered as per the IT_INTERFACE_VIEWS parameter. This cannot be changed either in WDC(as it is an importing parameter) and also in CL_FPM(as it is a private parameter).

Regards,

Indu