cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 9 Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our legacy back office application uses the Crystal Reports 9 run-time engine and one of our customers wants to customise the reports we provide, but cannot now purchase Crystal Reports 9.

The problem with this is if they purchase the latest version, the reports generated in the latest version are not backwards compatible and will not work within our application.

Do you know if they purchase the latest version whether they can under the terms of the license use the Crystal Reports 9 editor program to modify reports?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The license will only be valid for the version that they purchase.

Note, if they have a version of Visual Studio 2003 Professional, the embedded designer is a version 9 designer that is feature limited, it might do what you need.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a doubt in this regard, I understand that the 9.2 version of crystal reports, as has already been more than 20 years have created, even so must we adiquirir a license to make use of it? Thank you. Excuse my english, I'm mexican.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio

CR 9.2 was released in 2002 or so. E.g.; not quite 20 years . Irrespective, the licensing still applies. In a nutshell, you can distributes any WIN app without any worries about licensing. Web apps used internally to your org do not need licensing. Deploying CR WEB apps external to your org will require you to contact sales. CR 9.2 designer also requires licensing and again, best to contact sales:

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal 10 is practically the same thing as Crystal 9, and there are several on sale at eBay right now.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd want to look at the details of this a bit more:

The problem with this is if they purchase the latest version, the reports generated in the latest version are not backwards compatible and will not work within our application.

What issues are you seeing? You should not be seeing issues, unless the reports use features introduced since CR 9 was released. In particular, dynamic and cascading parameters. There may be others, nut these would be an absolute show stopper.

You may also be still able to obtain copies of CR 9. Call sales at 866-681-3435, see if they can help.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a long time ago when I last tested.

I think I was using Crytsal 10.5, but just loading the report in 10.5 and saving caused the report not to load in Crystal 9 run-time engine (being run from a Delphi 6 host). I will test again.

I wasn't aware CR9 is still available. That is excellent news if so. I will aslo pursue that.

Thanks,

Mat.