cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Cannot be Performed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know this question has been asked so many times and please dont get me wrong, I'm also the search's "Friend"

the problem Im facing right now is whenever I create a webi using Rich Client and save it to InfoView, I get the "Action Cannot be Performed" message when I open it in InfoView.

with this I tested some objects (even adding a single dimension and saving it) but it always fails in InfoView.

but when I create a report using InfoView it works perfectly fine. It seems that its a problem of Locale but I tried every combination of it even in InfoView but still Doesnt work.

furthermore, it seems that all of the reports created using Rich Client does not work in infoView (BI LaunchPad)

Im working with BOE 4.0.

Appreciate your kind response.

Thanks and Best Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I had the same symptoms and it turned out that the BO adaptive processing server was not sufficient. Duplicating it resolved the problem.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emre,

What did you duplicate and how ?

Can you provide the detailed steps ?

Thanks

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[ 1554804 - 'The action cannot be performed. (Error: INF ) when opening a webi report based on a translated universe when the webi preferences are English US |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1554804 ] it is for XI3.1 but should apply to BI4.0 as well.

Other factors could be client and server on different patch level

Please let us know if this solves the problem, if not it would be beneficial to specify more details regarding the workflow, patch level and the exact error message.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Thanks for the reply, I tried opening the link and loging in using our Marketplace ID but it takes me to a webpage which says "Document is not released". any idea on how to go about this?

Cheers,

John

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

please try again it was temporarily unavailable and I have now solved the problem.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Thanks for the reply, however I still cannot open the reports that is made in Rich Client.

Any other thoughts on this?

Cheers,

John

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

there must be something with the deployment or with the workflow (the steps to create/publish the document) that require a type of analysis not possible to do in a forum thread.

I suggest you to open a support message, it will be useful to have the exact patch level, details on the operating system, trace logs and the detailed steps to reproduce the problem

Thanks!

Best regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I had the same symptoms and it turned out that the BO adaptive processing server was not sufficient. Duplicating it resolved the problem.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Hope it helps