Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character Format in smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI dears

i am developing smart form

paragraphs for the smart form is maintained in standard text through module pool program me

my module pool having the script editor same like smart form editor i am entering text in that and maintaining

using (save_ text ) Function module i am saving.

i am maintain ing text with paragraph formats and character formats also that format is showing in Module pool level

when i am calling in smartform ,

the saved text i am calling through include text it is not coming in form out put level

<removed by moderator>

i am awaiting for your reply................

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jan 11, 2012

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after you save text (check your parameter settings here...I do the save direct, etc.), can you see the text (either via S010 or read_text) before you call the SmartForm. If so, then you have a mismatch between the values you're supplying to the SmartForm for the ID, Object, Name and what you used duirng SAVE_TEXT.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check with read_text and check what value does it has in TDFORMAT variable. Make sure in smartform you have the same type of formats defined

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Just check few things before that,

At the include text just check whether you have give all these four conditions

TDOBJECT,

TDNAME,

TDID and

TDSPRAS.

If you have given this and it doesn't work then just do like this,

Before include text create a program lines and use the READ_TEXT function module and the pass that to the text.

I think this will solve your issue.

Please revert back to me if you face any issues in this i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sri Hari

thanks for your reply

i am getting all the text which i am maintain in module pool level

it is coming in samrtform level also

But the probelm is what ever formats i maintained suppose (Displaying emp name in Bold ).

this is i am maintain in my module pool Editor level

when i save it is save <B> empname</>.

in this format.

But when i am calling in the same module pool (like Display option )it is not coming in Bold

it means it is not saving under Bold format in Standard text.

Note: my paragraph contains (Driver programme ) variables also

so if i use Programme lines i get the data using Read_text Function module, i get the data into internal table

and pass into the work area

i will use work area in Text Element.

so here the problem is the (Driver Programme ) variables are not coming in out put leve

Ex: variable dp_variable-ename is there having value 'X'

but it is not dispay the X it display 's like dp_variale-ename.

if i use the Include text it will display the variable values also

like it displays X.

here the problem is while saving under standard txt it is not saving under Bold format

so here it is not coming in the Bold format in form level.

can you please help me on this

suppose if i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but to create bold, I have defined a character format B in my Smartstyle for the Smartform. Then, when I save the text, I insert the bold start command with the " less than B greater than" for the character format and the end </> around the text I want acted upon.

An alternative is to code a paragraph format in TDFORMAT field of your text, like SB possibly for standard font, bold. Then the text processing in your SmartForm will act on the output, as described with your embedded character formats, or your TDFORMAT (paragraph) values.

I sometimes assemble all this and actually do a SAVE_TEXT, inserting into one of the available standard texts with a unique name, using that unique tdname as a dynamic text name in my SmartForm. Then, after the SmartForm is output, I utilize DELETE_TEXT to remove the text that I just creatd. This allows SmartForms to control and optimize the text output.