cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Search in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have a requirement of linking a named search (searches for catalog items whose product ID is not NULL) with a catalog. I'm on version MDM 7.1 SP08 (MDM components) and SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 is also on MDM 7.1 SP08.

I found the following strange behavior with catalog UI when i try to create PR-

Case 1: "User 1" is mapped to standard "catalog user" role. Added the parameter "namedsearch" in webservice call structure and entered the name of the named search i created in data manager.

Result: No filtering - catalog shows all records

Case 2: User 1 is mapped to "Catalog User 1" role (its a duplicate of the standard "Catalog User" role, where I've added the named search as constraints in the role definition). removed the named search parameter from webservice call structure.

Result: records are filtered correctly.

Now my question is - Why isnt the configuration in case 1 working? the problem with case 2 is that I have to create multiple roles for each user!

Am i missing any step?

please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Swarna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First login as user and user1 on data manager and see if named search is working fine in the data manager.

If yes then recheck the namedsearch parameter in webservice definition for any typing error.

Also make sure this parameter is of type fixed value.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found something - when I add "mask" parameter in webservice call structure - the catalog items show only the records in mask.

However namedsearch isn't working.

i gave the parameter as

namedsearch actual_data (this is the named search name in Data Manager...or should i enter the code?)

The search is displaying correctly in data manager with user 1. (when i say Restore Search-->actual_data)

is the parameter name above correct? is it

namedSearch

or

named_search

Thanks again.

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

parameter is : namedsearch and just use the name of the named search not the code.

is the named search working fine in the data manager.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Yes its working fine in Data manager.

I found that the sequence is vital. When masks was added with seq. no 150 the catalog was displaying all data. however when its seq. numbr is 80 the catalog shows only the records in mask.

Right now I'm giving the list of parameters in webservice call structure as below-

10 <no name> url is enetred here

20 username

30 password

40 server

50 catalog

60 uilanguage

70 datalanguage

80 mask

When i add the parameter as namedSearch and the sequence as 85, namedsearch works perfectly initilally was adding it as 150. looks like that is being ignored.

Thanks for your help.

Closing the thread.

Answers (0)