cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different division for single material in two different Plants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suugest for the below requirment...

My client have Two Co.Code CFLL and CPLB and two respective Plants CFLL and CPLB.

CFLL have 4 material division 10,20,30,40.

CPLB is a manufacturing plant and CFLL is non Mgf.

CPLB is selling good to CFLL is Intercompany process.

Client dont want to maintain the same division in CPLB. according to them they will transfer the Goods with a single Division (Like DiV: 50).

But the problem is that material is same in both plant.

Please suggest me is it posible to maintain two different division for a single material in two different plants.

Please suugest...

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Sethu on this.

Common division is the only solution here. but you will have to check pricing impact for condition records.

also will it not be good idea to maintian 50 for the second plant, if it is not impacting legal and reporting purpose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all I am trying to convice client the options.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Ravi, it is not possible to have different Divisions for the same material code. This is because, you would maintain Division in material master Basic Data1 view which belongs to Company Code and not specific to plant.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laksmipathy,

As I have maintained that Client have two Company COde and Each have There respective Plants.

please suggest me in this scenario.

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

In Standard SAP it is not possible to have the same material extended 2 divisions since the material no. is the same.

Material as such is never extended for divions, it is extended either for the distribution chain or the Plant, but the division will always remain the same.

The only way I see out here is that you will have to create seperate materials either in the same plant or different plants, both will have the same properties and settings but the only difference will be that both will have different divisions.

Regards,

J Nagesh.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SAP standard a Material can only belong to single Division. It would not be possible to extend a same Material to different Divisions.

Disucss with client & think of some other options.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

msethu_madhavan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per Standard SAP-Material always belongs to only one Division.Make 2 different divisions for the material in 2 plants and create a common division.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible first method goto change method and make it change division its only for few materials and if mass then goto LSMW process change it all divisions into common division.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible, 2 divisions for same material even if plant is different.