cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create Limit" Item not visible in Shopping Cart for Employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The employee user has the following roles in SRM 701 system.

/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE

/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE_EHP1. The user is not able to see the "Create Limit Item" option in Shopping cart & hence not able to create a limit item in the shopping cart.

The Purchase user has the following roles in SRM 701 system.

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER_ADMIN

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER_EHP1. This user is able to create Limit Item in the shopping cart using the "Add Item" Menu.

My requirement is to allow the users of type "Employee" to allow creating the limit items in the shopping cart. Could you please give some guidance on what needs to be done?

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards

Kasee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kasee,

As per the details given by you, you are using a mix of SRM70 and SRM 701 roles for the same user and hence system behavior will not be correct and it will lead to issues.

I suggest you to try the scenario with user having roles of one release i.e. either assign SRM 70 or SRM 701 roles.

Also if you are using portal , there also you have to map the user roles accordingly.

Moreover with SRM 701 we have the Easy Shopping cart delivered to customers where the user can only add items from Catalogs or Free text ones. You will not get different options like provided in the professional or normal shopping cart used in the SRM 70 releases.

With the /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE role ( SRM 70 ) in the abap system and portal, you will get an option to add limit items in the SC's.

Same applies to the OP purchaser roles. Its not recommended to use /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER & /SAPSRMOP_PURCHASER_EHP1 roles together for one user.

You can also refer to the note 1476447 SAP SRM 7.0 EHP1 : Important info on New Functionality for more references.

Hope this will answer your query here.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Rastogi on Jan 11, 2012 9:53 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kasse,

Is your query answered here.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

After enhancing the method /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_BADI_HELPER=>SC_UI_ITMCHOICE I am able to display "Create Limit Item" option for all the users without modifying any roles.

Thanks & Regards

Kasee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried to set a breakpoint in the method you mentioned but it looks like the method is not called from the system during the employee actions...

how did you do it?

regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos

Hi

You can copy the std purchaser role as a zrole and assign this to the employee to provide the Limit functionality. The roles need to be copied in SRM as well as in Portal ( if you use the portal). The additional functions other than limit need to be controlled by removing authorization in SRM and removing the page/iviews etc.. in Portal.

regards

velu