Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tcode Authorization Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Security Gurus,

We are getting an authorization while testing Custom Tcode. This tcode is used for Uploading data.

The authorization error shows missing Activity field value and a field called Operating Concern.

The SU53 and the Trace(ST01) show the same error even though the role that is assigned to the user has exactly the required values.

Also Authority Check in the Program of the tcode is maintained for only the Activity field and Operating Concern field.

Hence we are unable to figure out why the auth. issue occurs even though the role assigned to the user has the missing values

Please let me know how I can resolve this authorization issue.

Regards,

Arjun

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

Could you please write down the exact error?...You have to take into account that the user who runs SAP at OS level requieres autorization to write into that folder in order to upload that file...

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

most of the times it happens that in SU53 we cannt find the exact values needed, you should use ST01 in that case.

Please try again, to find the authorization values, if still you cannt find then can you check by debugging the table, where are you getting issue.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also if it's custom report then you have developer. She can set up break point for abap statement AUTHORIZATION-CHECK and you can figure out which check is performed. ST01 will be probably faster.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a query with logical database driver program?

Here there are some special check sequences and techniques used which will confuse you.

As it is custom code, you must post your code... and infos about the program attributes.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Below is the Authority check section of the tcode :

START-OF-SELECTION

PERFORM F_AUTHORIZATION_CHECK

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'YTIPRC01' ID 'CEERKRS' FIELD P_ERKRS ID 'ACTVT' FIELD '01'

PERFORM UPLOAD_DATA

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_UPLOAD'

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'S_GUI' ID 'ACTVT' FIELD '60'

Even though I have the ACTVT value 01 and the corresponding CEEKRS (Operating Cncern ) Value in the role I still get the error.

Thanks,

Arjun

0 Kudos

Hi,

check user's authorization buffer in SU56 if user really has authorization for required values.

Cheers

0 Kudos

That authority-check is not going anywhere as you are not reacting to the result of the check anyway...

What is in the form f_authority_check?

Please post your st01 trace result here so that we can see the sequence and the result. Additionally the name of the main program and whether there is an LDB in the attributes would be interesting.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the insight.

Clearing user buffer using SU56 resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Arjun