Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not showing in main window

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am able to display data in the header section but there is no data in the main window.

In the main window, the logic is as follow

- LOOP at header

- Loop at item

- Table

- Main Area

- Line

- cell

I am not getting data from the item table. The table is getting populated correctly as i saw in debugger.

Thanks,

Salil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Salil,

Make sure of the following things :-

1. Create a code line before table node is getting processed and put a break-point statement inside it just to make sure that internal table is not initial.

2. If internal table is not initial , make sure in DATA tab of table node you are passing the right internal table ( of e.g. ITAB) and looping that internal table into workarea (for eg WA).

3. In the main area of the table you are using the placing the right placeholders for respective fields. For eg if you have first field in the table is material number i.e. MATNR you are passing reference as &WA-MATNR& for that column.

Please confirm if the above points are taken care of and let us know if you are still facing same issue.

Cheers

VJ

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is loop at header for?

Nabheet

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The header loop gives the total number of records to be displayed and the item loop takes each record from header loop and populates another internal table with details.

I have made slight change to the code but even then data from item loop is not showing up.

- LOOP at header ( gt_list into gs_list)

- Table ( gt_output into gs_output)

- Main Area

- Line

- cell (details from gs_output)

Edited by: salil vaidya on Jan 10, 2012 1:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salil,

Due to not enough space in table area Smartform does not populate output in print preview.

Try to increase table or template field's width, this will help to display your item table entries in output.

Regards,

Amit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Try increasing the size of columns in the line type i think this might solve your issue.

Also using loop inside loop is a performance issue. So you can achieve this by using read to the header table using index.

Just increment the index by 1 and read the record from header and then using that vales loop the item values.

See whether the data binding is also done properly and check whether the fields are also assigned properly.

I think this will solve your issue.

Please revert back to me if you have any issues. I will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to increase the column width of the line type for the MAIN AREA in the table node that you have created and also try to extend the main window uptill the end of the Page by going in the form painter.

Hope it serves useful to you.Reward points if useful.:)