cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality certificate against delivery for a VC configured material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have are requirement to print Quality certificate against delivery for a VC configured material.

The configured material is not batch managed.

We enter the characteristics result values at the time of creating sales order. We want to print the certificate using transaction QC20.

We want to create a certificate profile, select class characteristics; enter the VC class characteristics, but while selecting value for inspection spec. origin we do not get any option for variant class.

Kindly, suggest.

BR,

Nikhilesh Ray

+91-9819069840

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree. If you use VC I beleive you have to use a batch managed material to get the values for a cert.

Or you have to get the values from the inspection lot.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create an inspection lot in a VC process, you can have the specifications come from the sales order and populate the inspection lot. You then inspect the material against the inspection lot like any other inspection lot. In the inspection type setup you have to tick the indicator to inspect by Variant config

You will need all the general characteristics to be linked to MIC's. You need to inspect by material spec as well and maintain the spec, (QS61).

In the cert profile you should be able to specify to get the results from either the batch record or the inspection lot since the inspection lot will have an order reference. You will need to batch manage the material.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NehSAP,

Thanks for the attempt. My query is open to all and immidate reponse is highly appreciated.

But, specifically I am looking if there there is any SAP standard process to handle such case.

Related to this thread only, I had another query that I know that I can transfer specification limit from VC characteristics of sales order to the specification of Inspection lot.

Can we also do transfer for the result value entered in VC charc result to the result of inspection lot.

BR,

Nikhilesh Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U may transfer the results from one batch to another batch, one lot to another lot as well as class to lot etc.

if u want certificate than ur material should be manged in batches / HU etc.

As Mr. NehSAP suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your response, but how does this works "Or you have to get the values from the inspection lot."

Do you mean by this is to assign the VC class characteristics to Material inspection characteristics by using reference classs characteristics. And then system transfer results value from VC characteristics of sales order to the inspection lot MIC.

And this MIC i can then use in the Quality Certificate.

This would be a prefect solution for my problem. But, i have tried this and did not get sucess in transfering the results from VC qualitative charac of a sales order to MIC qualitative characteristcs in a inspection lot.

Please let me if anyone has done this before.

BR,

Nikhilesh Ray

+91-9819069840

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know you have asked your questioned to FF but let me add my point here.

System support certificate for batch managed b'se if it is batch managed then we system can easily trace the inspection lot of relevant batch & it can pull those result in certificate...Thats why even FF is suggesting it should be batch managed otherwise you have to develop your own logic to pull resul from inspection lot/ characteristics to certificate.

hope this helps.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't worked on same requirement, but as I know system does not support to print cert if material is not batch/ serial/ HU managed.