Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Image addtion in Image Table

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are uploading Images in image table. It seems we cannot avoid duplicate Image addition in this table. I added same Name Images from same folder twice and it simple got added.

How can we avoid additing Duplicates?? Any workaround?

Cheers

Rc

Edited by: Rajesh Chavan on Jan 10, 2012 4:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I faced this issue long back. If I recall correctly we didn't find any solution to avoid adding duplicated images records. But if you notice, then if there is any duplicate image record, then MDM adds _1 or _2 etc. (depending upon the total number of duplicates) after the Image Name/Code field value. You can easily search for all the records containing _1 or _2 and then can delete all those duplicate records in one shot...

Please revert with your findings.

- Shiv

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Shiv - You are right Shiv. I also thought of deleting duplicate records manually after initial upload. Now the questions comes when User will upload images in day to day operation. whenever he tries to upload images...ideally he should get a message. otherwise there will be a duplicacy.

@Abhishek - Is there any hint in Data Manager about this? Appreciate if you can point specific Page.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I read the guide, there is nothing about restricting duplicate images.

One solution is to delete the duplicates, daily manually or write a custom API (Either JAVA or ABAP) for deleting the duplicate images.

Regards,

Abhishek

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any workaround on this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Lets try going to Console and select Name field in Images Table,make it unique.

Pls revert with results.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think, Image is a Special object standard table and it is not possible to add/update any field of the image table. Thus it is not possible to change the Unique field property of the Name field in the image table.

Request you to please correct me if my understanding is wrong and if this feature is available in the current version of MDM.

Thank you...

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes you are right there is no such functionality.

At best one can use search with contains for _1 or _2 etc but that too is iterative.

Otherwise a api code can use http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM71/com/sap/mdm/blobs/BinaryBlobRecord.html#getDataLocationId()

and also compare based on original name.

Having said that,broadly speaking manual searching is more feasible.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Ravi: I agree with you. Manual cleanup by searching duplicate image records is much easier...

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

NOt sure how good it is to suggest for manual clean-up. I am raising OSS for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may refer the MDM Data Manager Guide, to details.

Regards,

Abhishek