cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP communication channel generating logs in NWA Logs and Traces

0 Kudos

Dear all

Wishihg you all a very happy new year. I have a peculiar issue, where I am using a FTP adapter, and files are deposited in an FTP location. This processing is runnign succesfully. However, my NWA logs says that there is communication issues while putting htis file in the server.

Whenever there is a transaction happening this error gets generated in NWA log.

Does any one have any idea why this is happening.

Many thanks & Regards : Bobby Bal

Below mentioned is the error message.

Message: Error during disconnect from ftp server ediftp-pw09.colpal.com, ignored: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply codeTerminating connection.

Severity: Error

Date: 2012-01-10

Time: 09:18:12:191

Category: /Applications/ExchangeInfrastructure/AdapterFramework/Services/ADAPTER/ADMIN/File

Location: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.File2XI.disconnectFTPServer

Application:

Thread: XI File2XI[XXX_WMS_SENDER_CC/SYS321/XX_ChinaWMS]_34877

Data Source: j2ee/cluster/server1/log/applications_01.log

Arguments:

Passport User Activity ID: 7f0f0ddd38fd11e1b099c68806a4be02

Message ID: com.sap.SOA.apt_file.0058

Session: 0

Transaction:

User: J2EE_GUEST

Time Zone: 0-500

Customer Message Component: BC-XI-CON-AFW

Runtime Component: com.sap.aii.af.lib

Correlation ID: 144518351000001784

Passport Session: 7F0F0DDD38FD11E1B099C68806A4BE02

Passport Connection: 7f0f0ddd38fd11e1b099c68806a4be02

Passport Connection Counter: 0

Log ID: C000A7E404320DFE00000000013600A4

Host: xppapp14

System: XPP

Instance: DVEBMGS14

Node: server1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

1. Check whether the user you are using has access control i.e Read/Write Access from the folder in FTP server..

2. Check it at OS level by directly pasting or pick the files..

3. From SAP end check the user credientials provided in the file adapter i.e username of the FTP server and the Password of the FTP server it is case-sensitive.

4. Try to give the exact path from where the file is to be picked and reactivate the scenario.

5. what is the file size of the file that is going to be picked from the ftp server.

6. Then finally check in Communication channel monitoring detailed log what is the error it was coming and check the log in XI server you can clearly notice the error.

Even some times it will access at OS level but not through the server for this reactivate the adapter and provdie the user credentials and the path once again..

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby

Had similar issue ,try changing the connect mode to  Per File Transfer  from Parmanetly.