cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP package in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This might be a general ABAP question, but the problem occurs in our PI system and not in ECC. Sorry if I've posted to the wrong forum.

I would like to access PI monitoring data from outside our SAP environment, and have decided to implement the FM in :

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/PIMonitoringFunctionality-FetchingDatafromSXMB_MONIStandardTables-PartI]

I created a new package for the dictionary objects and function modules. Then I created structures that refer to data elements in other packages, but I can't make use of these elements in the function modules. The error message is :

(E) Pakage 'xxx' cannot use object "DTEL TIMESTAMPL DTEL" from package "SZTZ" in any of the following ways: "Use object or type"

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the Data Type for EXETIMEST, INITTIMEST and SENDTIMEST fields of your ZSXMB_MONI_DATA and ZSXMB_MONI_OTHER structures to any other with similar functionality (length and properties). The error says that you cannot use this particular Data Type. It should be easier to find another one than solving the error with that one.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Grzegorz,

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to find another solution:adding items to the package's Dependency Control List.

This seems to have changed in 7.1.

Kind regards

Steve

Answers (0)