cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number in inspection lot origin 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the inspection lot - origin 03 (in production). The serial numbers are included in inspection lot and in the result recording worklist. Now some serial numbers have been changed before the UD is made. Can I change the serial numbers in the inspection lot and result recording worklist? Is this possible? I need to do this change in a lot of serial numbers, so the changes after the usage decision is made is to late.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have not done lot of production activity then i would suggest you to cancel production order itself. so system will cancel inspection lot and you can realease one more order, it will create fresh inspection lot..

But you can't change serial number attached to lot b'se those comes from order which your are conforming...right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Canceling the production order wont help. We are always creating the temporary serial numbers with production order release. This serial numbers are replaced with the real serial numbers during the production.

This is done because the real serial numbers are created in an external sistem and not in the SAP.

So I need make QM Defect recordings to the real serial numbers.

I had 2 possible solutions in mind:

1. Change the serial number in inspection lot (and also in Equipment database (EQUI table))

I can change the serial number for equipment(IE02), but this will not change also the serial number in inspection lot.

2. Or. Do not create inspection lot at production order release but create it later manually (QA01)

My problem at point 2 is that I do not know how to prevent automatically creation of inspection lot at production order release for inspection lot origin 03. Any idea at this point?

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Canceling the production order wont help. We are always creating the temporary serial numbers with production order release. This serial numbers are replaced with the real serial numbers during the production.

> This is done because the real serial numbers are created in an external sistem and not in the SAP.

How was you handling same schenario so far?

> 2. Or. Do not create inspection lot at production order release but create it later manually (QA01)

> My problem at point 2 is that I do not know how to prevent automatically creation of inspection lot at production order release for inspection lot origin 03. Any idea at this point?

Remove 03 inspection type from QM view of material master, this will not create insp lot for material at time of order release.

Assign insp type 89 to create lot manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milan Jeler wrote:

> This is done because the real serial numbers are created in an external sistem and not in the SAP.

How was you handling same schenario so far?

This scenario was not used up to now. We plan to implement QM in production newly.

Milan Jeler wrote:

> 2. Or. Do not create inspection lot at production order release but create it later manually (QA01)

> My problem at point 2 is that I do not know how to prevent automatically creation of inspection lot at production order release for inspection lot origin 03. Any idea at this point?

Remove 03 inspection type from QM view of material master, this will not create insp lot for material at time of order release.

Assign insp type 89 to create lot manually.

I have already tried to do this scenario. If I create inspection lot wit origin 89 then I have no reference to production order. Can I modify the inspection lot origin type 89 definition in customising in order to set the reference to PP order?

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have already tried to do this scenario. If I create inspection lot wit origin 89 then I have no reference to production order. Can I modify the inspection lot origin type 89 definition in customising in order to set the reference to PP order?

System does not allow to create manual insp lot with 03 inspection type thats why I suggest you to create manual lot with 89 type.

To track the order you can use text field in lot. There you enter order for lot tracking.

Otherwise create lot with 03 type at time of release, but here you can change serian number once it is assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

System does not allow to create manual insp lot with 03 inspection type thats why I suggest you to create manual lot with 89 type.

To track the order you can use text field in lot. There you enter order for lot tracking.

Otherwise create lot with 03 type at time of release, but here you can change serian number once it is assigned.

Usage of text field for PP order is problematic. I am losing the standard features of inspection lot. (Also standard reporting will not work).

Is it maybe possible to create inspection lot origin 89 with PP order in customizing? I would like to have the same screens in QA01 transaction in case of inspection lot origin 89 or 03.

I tried to customise :

QCC0--> Quality inspection --> Inspection lot creation --> maintain insp types

But the inspection lot (origin 89)is always created without reference to PP order. And the QA01 always requires material number as a mandatory entry. If I create inspection lot manually (origin 03) then the system does not ask me for a material number.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP standard does not 89 to use with order thats why you are not getting order field in QA01.

I would suggest you work with deveoper to customize QA01 screen when you use inspection type 89. Check for BADI or user exit and add extra field which link with order number in QA01 screen. & put condition once business enter insp type 89 then only order field should appear, so u can enter order number with 89 type and track your req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Milan