cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE project internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear colleagues,

I would like to translate J2EE project (not WebDynpro) for three languages via creating *.xlf files in SAP NWDS.

1. Could you tell me please if I need to add a suffix of type u201Cen_ENu201D and u201Cde_DEu201D to my *.xlf files or only u201Cenu201D and u201Cdeu201D?

If I understood well the suffix for J2EE projects have to be of type u201Clocale_countryu201D, is it right?

2. Another question is: should I create .properties file for each ,.xlf file? Because it's not needed for WebDynpro projects but I think that is needed for J2EE project.

Thanks!

Regards,

Arkadiy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello dear colleagues,

> I would like to translate J2EE project (not WebDynpro) for three languages via creating *.xlf files in SAP NWDS.

> 1. Could you tell me please if I need to add a suffix of type u201Cen_ENu201D and u201Cde_DEu201D to my *.xlf files or only u201Cenu201D and u201Cdeu201D?

> If I understood well the suffix for J2EE projects have to be of type u201Clocale_countryu201D, is it right?

> 2. Another question is: should I create .properties file for each ,.xlf file? Because it's not needed for WebDynpro projects but I think that is needed for J2EE project.

> Thanks!

>

> Regards,

> Arkadiy

1. The way locale recognition works is - from lower abstraction to higher: if user local is de_at java will check de_at first, if it is not available - de. So if you need to support just german (no region specific translation) _DE should be enough.

2. AFAIK property file is generated automatically for .xlf file by translation tool (Eclipse plugin). You dont have to create them manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maksim, thanks a lot for your answer.

What about de or de_DE: it's clear now.

But what can be happened if I create new xlf-files not via SAP NWDS? Should I open my project in SAP NWDS after that and in a context menu "I18N" for each new xlf-file choose "Create properties file"? Is there any other way to do it automatically?

Regards,

Arkadiy

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can select multiple files and select "I18N->Create Properties File" from context menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately this point in the context menu is not active when I select several files.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if you have a lot of .xlf's you can write a small java program which scans the directory for xlf files and using com.sap.jdt.s2x.transform.ResourceExtractor.runTransform (String inputXLFfullPath, String outputPropertyFullPath ) (WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.eclipse.s2x.editor_2.0.0/plugin.jar) perform the transormation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maksim, I will.

Best regards,

Arkadiy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, this case I route again your thread to the Java programming forum.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this guide, which will answer your questions:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70361a88-d6ce-2a10-b1bc-c357097a...

Notice also that I have moved your thread to the webdynpro forum (the NWDI forum where this thread was opened originally is not competent in this question).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin, thanks for this link but I wrote previously that I ask about J2EE project, not about WebDynpro. J2EE application uses another mechanism to detect which language is correct for end user than WebDynpro application.

Regards,

Arkadiy

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you can just follow normal java I18N process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. What do you mean as "normal I18N process"? Could you explain it please?