cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev System Migration - STMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I am post-processing my migration of the DEV system. I've used R3LOAD method and everything looks good.

I have some doubts about the results of running SE06 (Database Copy) to delete the STMS. If I understand correctly this will empty all transports from SE10, unlock objects and reset E070L back to the beginning.

We wish to keep the unreleased transports in new DEV system if possible. My plan is to skip SE06 and delete STMS configuration manually, then set it up again and copy the transport cofiles, data files, buffers and logs from the old dev system.

Can I acheive this through careful choices in the SE06 options instead? Has anyone any experience to share?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If the Database and SID is same, then you don't have to do SE06.

Again, if you have same DB migrated to new system, then Transport sequence number in E070L is in database, i don't think you will lose it. You can just configure STMS and copy CO and Data files

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Alternatively you can export E070 and other transport related tables from original system,backup file system /usr/sap/trans and after you have completed SE06 activities you can import E070 and other transport related tables.

I think in your case SE06 should not delete table entry as its same SID and you have migrated not overwritten DB.

Otherwise, you can go ahead and do all the SE06 steps manually,which are these:

Select Post-Installation process for database copy or migration

Select u201CYesu201D to reinstall CTS

Confirm the sourceSID

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CChange originals from sourceSID to targetSIDu201D

Confirm that the CTS is not configured

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CChange originals from sourceSID to targetSIDu201D

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CDelete TMS configuration?u201D

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CDelete this TMS configuration?u201D

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CDelete old versions of the transport routes?u201D

Select u201CYesu201D to u201CDo you want to delete the old versions of the transport routes?u201D

Regards,

Ashutosh