cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test SOAP message with ALTOVA XML SPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to test my sender SOAP adapter message to SAP-PI( PI 7.1).I installed the

trial version of Altova XMLSpy 2012 in local desktop.

From the sender agreement in Integration Directory, I took the WSDL URL by clicking on the

"Display URL". Do I need to perform any settings in ALTOVA tool.

Experts kindly help me how to test the messages involving the steps in Altova as well as in

SAP-PI. I tried to search but with no help.

Regards

Alice Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

import WSDL File on paticular folder -> open altova xml spy -> click on new -> open wsdl -> click on

soap from menu bar -> create New Soap Request ->browse -> select wsdl file -> soap(menu bar) -> send request to server .

please refer below video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPpZOeMvCpY

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the contribution.

1. I received " HTTP error : Internal error in server" XXXXX'.

What could be reason, the SAP-PI server is up. When checked in RWB, the messages was in " Cancelled with error" status.

2. Since the WSDL Url doesnt contain the data, can I import the data the test of the message mapping/operation mapping i.e. can i test it with any test performed in ESR like OM,MM

Regards

Alice Rebecca

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

@2: Yes, you can use the message request that you generated for testing Message Mapping or Operation Mapping. You should only paste if carefully to XML Spy, because you should leave the SOAP:Envelope and similar tags unchanged (they are crucial for you to successfully call the web service).

@1: This means that an error occurred during message processing in XI. Check Communication Channel Monitoring in RWB or sxi_monitor in ABAP stack for more details about the error.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for their valuable suggestion.

I am closing the thread.

Regards

Alice~

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

This should be very simple. You either need the WSDL URL that you have, or the contents of the .wsdl file taken from the same place, saved as local file. Then you just go to XML Spy, create a new project and import the .wsdl file that you prepared. That file already contains all the details for testing the scenario, like the definition of data structures or binding to establish a connection to PI. Just use XML Spy feature to execute the web service call and test your scenario.

Additionally, you also need to make sure that PI server is accessible from your local computer (from which you want to perform the tests) in terms of network accessibility.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select create soap request option in xmlspy and import the wsdl from your desktop, provide user and password for the PI server and send the request. That's it. Refer XMLSPY document for more.