Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding (additional) attribute to Context node with given dictionary-struct

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a node (cardinality 0..n) of a given dictionary-structure (e.g. a db-table) with attributes of this structure.

I want to add further attributes to this node (which are not within this structure).

I can't use add attribute (right mouseclick on node) to the node, because I used the structure to add attributes.

Even so, is there a way to add attributes (which are not within the structure) to that node without changing the structure?

Thanks for your help,

ismail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think is not possible. You need to remove the structure name from the properties.

I usually use the wizard for add some fields from a particular structure, and then I can add fields from others structures or from other places...

Regards,

Ricardo.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on your node, under properties of node. Delete the structure name and press Enter. Now Right click on you node and create attribute as usual. Normally for reducing the effort for creating each and every attributes , we use 'Add attribute from structure' functionality. After that if you want to add extra attributes, remove the reference structure name and add the attributes.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & regards,

Kiran.

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

So I infer from your answers that this is not possible.

Actually I don't wan to delete the structure from the nodes properties. Thus changes of the dictionary structure will affect my node automatically.

A functionality like "Append Structures" for context nodes would be great.

Thank you all for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there would be a problem in deleting the structure name in properties of node.

The DICTIONARY STRUCTURE property of NODE is just used to add attributes from DDIC structure just to reduce

the effort and save time. So, you can delete the structure name and add extra Attributes to your node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ismail,

No this cannot be possible, as your node is binded to the structure so you cannot add any extra attribute in that node, better to recreate the node without binding it to the strucutr and then add the all the attribute you want.

Thanks

Pooja