cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staorage type search strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I have a question regarding storage type search strategy..as per my information we define starage type sequence for combination of warehouse & process.

Eg. warehouse - 001

Process - Putaway

First storage type is 001 then 002

I understand it means if there is no destiantion bin available in storage type 001 it should find destination bin in storage type 002.

But i am facing problem here is while creating transfer order automatically from inbound delivery system is looking for stargae type 001 only & giving an error message as No destination bin foun in storage type 001.

Whereas it should look for storage type 002 & place the material in taht but it is not happening.

Can anybody update me ..am i missing any customization activity here?

Regards,

Charudatta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta

You have to check what strategy you are using the storage type 001 for putaway. Your destination bin will be found based on this

strategy only. Also can you check the search bin log in Lt03 to find the hints for the error.

kind regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tries creating a 'Storage type indicator' for put away (maybe 001_ and then attaching that to the out away strategy and also in to the WM view of the material masters for the materials you want to follow this strategy

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Charu,

Along with storage type search sequence, the system looks for Putaway rule.

defined under SPRO-> EWM-> GR->stratergies->storage type search ->specify storage type search sequence for putaway.

If you have defined the Putaway bin rule as Empty Bin, then it does the putaway only if it finds the empty bin.

Also check the storage type view in the product master, you should adopt both the storage types.

Regards,

Kishore