Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic e-mail transmission issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus,

Please hep me out with this issue.

We have SCOT configured in our Quality system and the background job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND is scheduled in a client, for ex say 100. Now we got a requirement that e-mails should not be sent automatically and should be pushed only selectively through SOST in another client, for ex say 700, in the same system. The job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND is scheduled only in client 100 and not in 700. So, it should not push e-mails from client 700 as it is not scheduled there right?. But, on contrary on this, we are observing e-mails are being pushed automatically in client 700 also. How is this possible, when job is scheduled to run in 100 and not in 700, how it pushes mail from 700. I dont think this job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND is client independent?

Please let me know your thoughts on it and help me out.

Regards,

R.K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just for more clarity:

1.Job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND(Check from SOST) is scheduled in client 100 and SMTP is activated(node in use) only in client 100.

2.Job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND(Check from SOST) is not scheduled in cleint 700 and SMTP(from SCOT) is not active in client 700.

You problem is mails are being pushed from client 700,even though job is not scheduled from this client.

Try this option:

Disable job SAPCONNECT_INT_SEND in both client as you want selective mails to be sent and then use "Repeat send" option from SOST.

Refer:http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendingMails-HomePage

Mails are not sent

Either use SOST transaction to send them manually, or from program: submit rsconn01 with mode = 'INT' with output = ' ' and return.

It may be best to schedule a job with program RSCONN02 every 10 minutes when SAP system produces many mails.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Let me tell you my findings of your replies:

Mark: I have checked variant for report RSCONN01, there is no possibility to include a client.

Amit: I have gone through Step B, but it was for configuration of E-mail for RZ20 alerts, i dont think it is relevent here. Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Javed: I have double checked in the way you told, but did not find a job scheduled in 700.

Ashutosh: Can you please let me know how can i find Job and Node details from SOST. When i clicked on "jobs" in SCOT, it shows nothing, but the the background job is running when i see from SM37 for client 100 only.

One more finding in this is, when i checked the queue in SOST in 700 client, i found the jobs are either in waiting or erred status since 2 days. But before they were sent.

Please let me know how can i solve this.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any value set for Maximum waiting time for repeat send attempt procedure: in SCOT?.Check in menu Node,wht is the time set there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As this job is client independent, so, the only option you have to change the intended recipients, on the other client. Log into the other client and change the job's variant (for all the jobs, which trigger this emails), only the mail DL to some dummy, which is not configured at SO23. So, for obvious reasons, it will fail at SOST (which can be ignored).

To reduce that waiting, schedule the job with a frequency of every 5 mins.

In SCOT > double click on SMTP (node ) and check for the value set, in Maximum Waiting time for repeat send attempt procedure. Set that value (Minutes to 1).

I just observed this in my landscape.

I just noticed this, SCOT settings are client specific. For the client, in which you don;t want to send the mails out, remove that SMTP settings from SCOT. Then the mails will fail with 826 message (no route). Try this!!

Hope this helps.

~Raj

Edited by: Mr. Rajesh Mutharaju on Jan 12, 2012 9:35 AM

Edited by: Mr. Rajesh Mutharaju on Jan 12, 2012 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

■SAP Connect configuration is client dependent. It has to be configured in each client where you want to use it.

Please check step B of this link: http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Sapconnect_Email_for_RZ20

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The job is indeed client dependent. Can you verify again if there is no job for client 700? (under different names perhaps; try searching all released jobs with RSCONN01 program). verify by going into each one's job details in SM37 and check the client field for all released jobs.

Let me know how it goes...

Cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the variant for report RSCONN01, is there a possibility to include the client?