cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to ITS through RF terminals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the implementation of custom radio frequency transactions to be used on wharehouses, through RF terminals with Windows Mobile installed.

We decided to use ITSMobile technology, integrated on SAP Netweaver 7.01.

I'm wandering how I could easily implement a way to avoid manual users login, using RF terminals (also in case of temporary lack of connection to the access point).

I think I could look at such a kind of SSO implementation, but I'm not sure this is the right path.

Do you have some suggestions?

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, SSO is an option.

There is currently no solution for off-line access though, so a connection to an access point is necessary.

Best regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

with SSO what I had in mind it was to avoid not only new login in case of disconnection of the client, but also the first time logon. Something like transferring SAP Logon Ticket (if any) to the RF Terminal during a sort of "activation RF terminal phase", done by wharehouse responsible person, instead of low operator.

Do you think is it feasible?

What other options came to you mind saying "SSO is an option"?

Then about data resilience (to manage somehow the "offline connection"), I can imagine still we miss standard solutions.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

coming back to the question over...

I am investigating the option to grant "transparent login" of my clients (RF Terminals) through Client SSL Certificate (x.509 certificate), configuring properly my ITS services on SICF

I know once created the Client SSL Certificate (x.509 certificate), I have to map it on the server side (STRUST).

And probably I have also to create a mapping between my SAP users and the DN generated.

Anyway what I would like to focus on is the GENERATION of Client SSL Certificates (x.509 certificate)...

Due to the nature of my application, I don't need to have external certification Authority, so it's enough to have a self signed one.

Which is the simplest way to generate these CLIENT SSL CERTIFICATES (then imported on client browser)?

Is there a way to create/distribute them automatically from SAP server to clients?

tnx a lot for helping me

best regards

Answers (0)