cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Successfully configured a receiver mail adapter. I reffered the /people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure weblog by Prasad. Just a few doubts on that.

1. I used XIALL --> I expected 2 attachments(.xml) as in weblog, but got only one ie. payloadxxxxxxx..@sap.com.<b>bin</b> and the system information(SOAP Envelope) is displayed in body of the msg itself

2. I used XIPAYLOAD with out mail package, Keep attachments check box unchecked, expected the payload in attachment XI_TESTMAIL.XML but the attachment name was "attm2e0v.dat".

3. I used XIPAYLOAD with out mail package, Keep attachments check box checked, expected attachment payload payloadxxxxxxx..@sap.com.xml but got payloadxxxxxxx..@sap.com.<b>bin</b>.

4. Also how can Igive multiple names in the send list, when I tried it with a comma(,) the mail goes only to the first Id

Can you pls explain why this behaviour?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Message was edited by: Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

<i>I used XIPAYLOAD with out mail package, Keep attachments check box checked, expected attachment payload payloadxxxxxxx..@sap.com.xml but got payloadxxxxxxx..@sap.com.bin.</i>

The attachements are given a .bin extension by default. To change this , the procedure is available in the <b>Mail Adapter FAQ : 856599</b> ( Havent tried it though )

<i>Q: Can I choose the name of an attachment in the mail?

A: Yes. Most mail clients use some heuristics based on some MIME headers to derive the name of an attachment. The MIME headers involved in most heuristics are Content-Type, Content-Description, and Content-Disposition. When you create an XI message, the XI payload name is automatically set in the Content-Description. If you want to change or set all of these headers, you can use the MessageTransformBean module (Note 793922) in the adapter framework.

Related questions: How can I set the file name of a mail attachment?

Q: How can I set the file name of a mail attachment?

There are several MIME headers that play a role in how the client retrieves the file name of an attachment. Unfortunately, this behavior differs among various mail clients. The reason for this inconsistent behavior comes from the fact that this mechanism has been extended incrementally. The old way is to use the name parameter in the Content-Type header as specified in RFC1341. For example, you can set the content type of an XML attachment as:

Content-Type: application/xml; name="abc.xml"

RFC1521 discourages the use of this name parameter in anticipation of the new header Content-Disposition, which is defined in RFC1806.

With this Content-Disposition header, you can set the file name as:

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="abc.xml"

Some clients may show the Content-Description value as the file name. The Content-Description header is typically used to associate some descriptive information to an attachment (RFC1341) as in

Content-Description: my xml file

To avoid potential interpretation problems, it is recommended to combine the use of these headers.</i>

Also, the same note contains all info you wnat on the options of the mail adapter. Take a look at it.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

That should solve my problem. I l refer the Note and change the settings.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>Also how can Igive multiple names in the send list, when I tried it with a comma(,) the mail goes only to the first Id</i>

Use semicolon instead of comma.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks. Now I can send the mail to multiple Ids.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.