cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 : Service Desk notification e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am configuring Service Desk, I configured Support Team Determination with success and now I am trying to set up a notification e-mail when a new message is created/modified, i.g. send e-mail to all member's Support Team when created, and to reported and members Team or processor when modified.

Can you please, tel me how can I do that ? All documents that I found are for SolMan 7.0 with SLFN as Transaction Type. In my case I use SolMan 7.1 with SMIN as Transaction type of Service Desk messages.

Thanks a lot,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont thinks so it is differ in 7.1. Please follow the same guide from Tammy, it is same for 7.1 too.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Thanks for your response. In Tammy's article the used transaction is SLFN, and SLFN0001_ADVANCED as Action Profile. In my case, I use the new transaction type SMIN for Incident message, and I do not yet find documentation describing how to configure the email notification.

Please help.

Thanks a lot,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My email is still not be sent

That is what I did :

- In SPPFCADM I choose, CRM_ORDER

- click on "Define Action Profile and Actions"

- Choose the Action Profile SMIN_STD

- I copied SMIN_STD_MAIL to the new Action Definition ZMIN_STD_MAIL

- In this Action Definition (ZMIN_STD_MAIL), in the section Action Settings, only "Schedule Automatically" is checked, in the section Partner Determination for the Action, the case Partner-Dependent is also checked. I left the rest as default.

In CRM UI when I display the incident created inside SolMan, I can see in the section "Scheduled Actions" an entry of the action "E-mail to Reporter", but with status "Active"(yellow warning). There is no message when I click on this status to obtain further informations.

I hop that my problem is clear, if not, I can give you further informations.

Thanks a lot,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I also used BRFplus for the Support Team Determination. This procedure detailed in the "Support Team Determination via

Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus)" document, should be send e-mails after the Team determination. However any e-mail is sent

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send an email when the status is changed please do the following custominzing:

T.Code SPPFCADM

Select appl. CRM_ORDER and Define Action Profile

Enter into action profile SMIN_STD and copy SMIN_ STD_MAIL to ZMIN_STD_MAIL (Include "Z" into the description to identify later)

Select Schedule Automatically and Partner Dependant (select Reporter, Support Team...based on you requirement)

Check in Processing Type that Method, Class and SmartForm is assigned.

Now you have define the action profile.

Come back to T.Code SPPFCADM

Select appl. CRM_ORDER and Condition configuration

Active Technical Names and go trough SMIN_ STD, you should create here the action profile defined in the previous step. In the right side go to button "create" and select the action profile ZMIN_STD_MAIL.

Into this new step go to Schedule Condition Tab where you should create a new definition, when you want that the action is execute (button Edit Condition) where you should create a condition like:

USER STATUS = E0001SMIN0001 (E0001 is the status and SMIN0001 the status profile assigned to the transaction type)

Now you have schedule your action profile

The last work is to configure the t.code SCOT. It should be done by your basis team.

Regards,

Marta Prendes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta Prendes,

Thanks for your reply, I dit exactly what you said. In fact, the problem was related to autharizations, I give sap_all for my user, and it works.

Do you know what roles to give to my user to send e-mails ?

Now my user has

- SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE_COMP

and the profile

- sap_all

I can not give sap_all to all my key users.

Thanks a lot,

Rachid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you getting any error as "No auth to sending mail", have you checked the action logs. or you can see anything pending in emails in sost

check with the auth SAP_BC_SRV_USER

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you for your answer, as you said there is no message error, juste the e-mail do not be sent, in the SOST I can not see the entry correponding of my e-mail.

Now when I added the SAP_BC_SRV_USER autorization it works fine.

Thanks a lot,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marta,

I have a question and you might help me:

I have a action scheduled autmaically for SMIN with following conditions

This means when a ticket has status E0002 or E0009 after entering a message processor the email should go to this person.

So action should be executed in status E0002 or status E0009. But the action only take place in status E0002. So is this connector or wrong?

Should I create two separate actions?

Thanks for your help

Tanja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rachid

have you find and solution . i am facing same issue have find any doc regarding this

unable to configure the email alerts in service desk

thanks

vivek