cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Picking is not tally with System Picking List/Trasfer Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Picking List/Transfer Order generation (Transaction Code LT03), user already specify where the stock should be picked from.

Lets say user specify want to pick the following:

1. Material A from BIN AA-00, with batch number AQ111

2. Material B from BIN BB-00, with batch number AQ111

But in the actual picking, Forklift Driver pick the following:

1. Material A from BIN AA-99, with batch number AQ111

2. Material B from BIN BB-00, with batch number AQ211

From the above info, Forklift Driver pick item 1 from a different location, and pick item 2 with a different batch.

How we can update to the system with this actual information, to overwrite the picking list/transfer order, perhaps during TO Confirmation (LT12) to ensure accuracy and consistency between system and physical?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP does not support to change the Source BIN but it does support the change in Destination BIN. You can put the destination bin at the time of confirmation by selecting Input Values on LT12.

To change the destination BIN , you must define "1" in details of Storage Type in custmisation.

If its one off Issue , you can cancel the TO & Create new one.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

It is not one off issue.

Sometimes due to certain unforseen circumstances such as the physical area is blocked temporary where the forklift can't go in, the user will have to take from another BIN. Or the storage unit is at behind/bottom of other storage units.

Is there any way to change the source BIN/storage units directly during LT12 TO Confirmation?

Is there any way of we using mobile data entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

I would advise here to work smartly for handling such situation.

I understand from your reply that you are working with Storage Units. Now whenever such situation arises , please use LT09 t-code which is used for storage unit movements.  Understand the following sequence & set-up

1) There are storage type AAA & BBB with Bins A01 & B01 respectively.

2) Lets assume you wanted to take out the stock from BBB/B01 but for some reason Forklift operator Picked it up from AAA/A01

3) He has informed the SAP superuser , Now what needs to be done.

4) TO is created with BBB/B01 , Its not confirmed yet. You will not confirm it as stock is actually not reduced in BBB/B01

5) Use LT09 & provide the SU number generated in created TO , System will prompt for Open TO for Confirmation. Confirm it with BBB/B01 & system will ask for next mvt in that case you provide destination as BBB/B01 , source as AAA/A01 & confirm it

6) Stock is balanced here.

Material XXX , in AAA = 50 Units , in BBB = 50 units.

Forklift operator Picked 10 quantity from AAA , so the actual stock in AAA = 40 , But because of our TO system shows stock in AAA=50 & in BBB=40

We have cleared the situation by using LT09 & putting the dest as BBB meaning stock is moved from AAA- BBB - Picked.

Please read above & test urself in test system to understand

Thanks,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I'm not quite clear about the point 5, can you please explain in more details?

******************************************************************************************************************* Use LT09 & provide the SU number generated in created TO , System will prompt for Open TO for Confirmation. Confirm it with BBB/B01 & system will ask for next mvt in that case you provide destination as BBB/B01 , source as AAA/A01 & confirm it

*******************************************************************************************************************

Question:

The SU number generated in created TO will be B01, when I perform LT09, it prompt for open TO for confirmation, and once I confirm, the stock will be reduced from BBB/B01 (which I do not want). Then how I can proceed from here? How do I provide the destination and source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SIM,

Please run one test in your system.

When you do LT09 system prompts for open To confirmation as soon you confirm that system moves to next screen with source storage/BIN already filled. You have to provide the inputs for Destination Storage Type/BIn & confirm it.

Meaning material moved from AAA which supposed to move from BBB. Upon confirmation stock reduced from BBB & then you are moving the stock from BBB to AAA. This is kind of triangualtion & internally goods are transfered from BBB to AAA & reduction happens at AAA. This is logical entry created to balance the stock.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can change the bin during TO confirmation but not batch as this field may be greyed out. YOu can put the quantity as zero for wrong batch line item and create a new TO. please try this way

kind regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone advise how we can change the source BIN during TO Confirmation (LT12)?

Example during TO creation in LT03, user specify want to pick the following Material A from BIN AA-00.

But during actual physical picking, user pick from BIN BB-00

How do we change the source BIN during TO confirmation?

How about in Mobile Data Entry?