cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd. Partner Function Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please tell me that what is the "Number" in the Partner Function tab (3rd column from left)when we create customer in XD01.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This is customer number(partner function) it will determine automatically with the help of partner determination procedure and nuber ranges how you assigned to the account group(whether its internal or external) . want more details about this coloum place cursor and press F1.

Regards,

Krishna.

Edited by: kris_hna on Jan 10, 2012 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already no. 1 (3rd column) is assigned to the "Sold-to-Party" Partner Function in the partner Function tab. So should i "SAVE" the document directly w/o assigning any number to BP, SP and PY Partner Functions ?

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you have to give the numbers other wise system will through "Data is incomplete"

maintain numbers then save it.

if system through error message like" Customer is not defined for partner function SP (table TPAKD)

then check how you mention number ranges for Customer A/c group(internal or external)

if its external you have to give the number before creation of customer master in XD01

How many partner function assigned to the same account group which you have created in partner determination procedure

(means SP ,SH,BP,PY are useing the same account group or not)

Regards,

Krishna.

Edited by: kris_hna on Jan 10, 2012 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear krish_

When i am assigning "Number" (3rd column) to the Partner Function (Sold to Party) manually, and saving it, it is still giving error "Data is Incomplete; check". BP, PY and SP Functions have freezed columns so i can assign number to only Sold to Party prtnr Function. Kindly suggest.

Rahul

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

At the time of creating the Customer Master if it is external , in initial screen (XD01) you need to enter the customer number then by-default system will take that number in that partner function Tab to all the partner functions

if it is Internal , no need to enter the number , after saving the customer master system will generate automatically

and also try to check the Partner determination procedure

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

The "Initial Screen" on XD01 says that the number range in internal, so no need to input customer no.

But when i am saving on Partner Function tab, without entering the "number" (3rd column), it is still giving error "Data in incomlete;check". Where could be the error ?

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

you need not to give any number for sold to party while creating the customer if the number range assigned to customer is internal. after creation of customer you can see the customer number in XD02 in number column of the partner function.

and i think in your case the customer number is internal i.e. system generated.

now coming to the BP PY and SH if in your case the sold to party and ship to party are same then number for them will also generate by system.

Thanks

Ashwini K.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Kindly check the following steps:

Create Customer Account Group : SPRO > Financial Accounting (New)>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable->Customer Accounts>Master Data-->Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Create Number Ranges for Customer Accounts : SPRO> Financial Accounting (New)>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable->Customer Accounts>Master Data-->Create Number Ranges for Customer Accounts ( Don't TICK if it is Internal)

Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups: SPRO > Financial Accounting (New)>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable->Customer Accounts>Master Data-->Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups

Partner Function Determination:

Menu path : SPRO >Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Partner Determination>Set Up Partner Determination

Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master

Suppose for example Account group is WXYZ

Create Partner Determination Procedure (ABCD) and assign the partner function to that procedure {SP,BP,PY & SH}

Partner Deternimation Procedure: In this Step you need to assign the Partner Deternimation procedure to Accout Group

Account Group- partner Function: in this step you need to assign SP,SH, BP & PY to Account group

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwini,

I am not maintaining any number (3rd column) in the partner functions tab for all functions SP, BP, SH and PY.

But i am still not able to save the document and generate a customer no as this is the last step in Customer Master Data Creation.

I dont know why the system is not saving the document on Partner Function Tab.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Rahul,

as suggested by Mr Prasanna, check your settings once, like create number ranges for the customer, and also check the partner determination procedure.

Regards

Ashwini K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Prasanna,

Thanks. Your answer has solved my query.

Rahul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The Number Column is Partner Function Number

if the number is Internal system will generate the number after you save the Customer master or if it is external it will come at the time creating the Customer master

It is useful at the time of creating the Sale order , Delivery , billing & payment

I think you know that responsibility partner function

If you want more details please search in Google

Regards,

Prasanna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is SAP code for that customer

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

So do we assign that number manually or it is done automatically by the system.