cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tickets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please help me to understand the ITSM features that are available in SOLMAn 7.1 and CRM 7.0 and what are the differences?

how the incedent will be saved and forwarded to solman desk. (in old versions of Solman the incedents are created from help -> Create support message). Now with solman 7.1 how this process goes?

Please throw some light?

Regards,

K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The process remains the same

user can post via help or workcenter URL

but

processing is changed instead of crm_dno_monitor only solman_workcenter can be used so while processing you get the ITSM interface/functions

i hope above clarifies

regards

prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jan 10, 2012 2:30 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both features of CRM 7.01 and solman 7.0 are connected and delivered as Solman 7.1. Hence it integrates application lifecycle management and IT Service management processes on a single platform.

In new solman 7.1 you can create the tickets on new ITSM web UI, your older SAP GUI is upgraded as SAP CRM Web UI,

All the older transaction types also changed to new ones (SMIN), and new ITSM reporting capablities like dash boards, interactive reports are available

and Solman 7.1 has improved SLA functionalities, and more as template facilities,(You can create n number of tickets based on this templates), now the notifciations wia email,sms also much simpler.

Easy integration with Test management, and the new feature as problem management based on ITIL procedure.

You can get all the listed features demos and RKT available on https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/rkt-solman

please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the info given,

with respect to an end user, how he will create the support message(incident), do we need to provide crm web ui access with serice agent business role?

example: an end user working ecc - MM module had a issue while creating a material, he want to raise the ticket to the support team and he is using ECC GUI, how he will do it. as my understanding we need to give him web ui access with agent role to create an incident(INIT or SMIN)

Please give some info(scenario)

do we have any comparition document of Remedy v/s Solman 7.0(7.1)?

Thanks,

K

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you got confused a bit

All the users can still post messages via help-create support message

and

web gui

for authorization ..you can directly check the security guide on solman 7.1 under installation guide section on SMP.

also do read this new documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for the information, it was really helpful

Regards,

K

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos