cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Grouping in APO PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in a scenario where i need to club the product on basis of lets say group 1- maximum throughput's and group 2 as maximum profitable products.

Option1

There is a field "Product Group Type & Product Group" in location product master Properties 2 tab, but i didn't find the use of these field (Product Group Type & Product Group) in DS board or at the time of heuristic run.

Option 2

i have maintained the planner field in location product master Admin tab,which shows planner field while executed the DS board. B'coz of planner, i can do the rescheduling/sequencing related heuristic run for selected product in DS board.

There is another option which i can see in DS board selection screen is "Set" in resource & product tab. Kindly explain how can i use this Set field for selecting a desired set of product.

The objective of grouping the products is to run heuristic & optimizer for selected set of product & will be able to analyze it easily on DS board.

Thanx in advance

Regards,

VD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The selection can be acheived through the definition of the work area. (SPRO transaction /sapapo/cdpsc3) Within the work area, you can multiple sets. Each set has specific selections.

Please refer the tcode /SAPAPO/CDPSC3, you will get a better idea.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Reply is quite helpful.

Many Thanx.

Regards,

VD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VD,

You can also use the Planning group field in Product master PPDS tab to group products. (first you would have to define the planning groups in SPRO).

Then you can define propagation ranges in SPRO for specific planning groups and then take a Production planning run for specific groups by using the appropriate propagation ranges in /SAPAPO/CDPSB0.

Planning groups can also be used with in work areas suggested by Expert Manimaran.

These groups will minimize effort required compared to product level inclusion/exclusion and will also take care of new products addition etc....

Regards,

Ashok