Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advise on the following issue:-

Currently we are using exchange rate type "CUST" being maintained on daily basis for determining excise as well as in accounting(Exports).CUST is assigned in customer master and maintained in OB08.

But now client wants "CARE" being maintained on monthly basis for determining excise-it will be same for one month and CUST for accounting-it will be changed on daily.

My problem is whatever I assigned in customer master system is taking that exchange rate type for calculation.

Please advise how can I maintain two excahnge rate type,one for accounting & other for excise calculation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever exchange rate you maintain in sale order Accounting tab at header level, the same will be copied to billing and subsequently will be considered for FI posting. If this field is left blank, then system will consider the exchange rate what is maintained in ob08 during billing.

For excise, you have to check in IMG Logistics-General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Basic Settings > Maintain Company Code Settings. Here, you can see a field Exchange rate type for exports. Whatever is maintained, system will consider this.

In fact, to be honest, I have never tried by maintaining different exchange rates like as stated above. You have to test it and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for valuable support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi pathi,

I have tested the case as you suggest but still getting the same result.

For your information in my proforma In VTFL at item level VBRK/VBRP-909

and in commercial VBRK/VBRP-910

If I change the routine 910 to 909 then I am getting the same what I maintained in sales order.

But I am not sure about the effects of doing this.can I get the same result without changing the routine.Please advise

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since those two routines are not standard, I am not sure how you can achieve the desired result. I have tested with standard routines and it is working fine. So you have to check with your ABAPer and modify the existing coding which can easily be achievable.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in both billibg type header level routine is 003.

Dharminder dalal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you test a case where you dont create proforma; instead try creating commercial invoice directly. I have tested and whatever exchange rate I maintained in sale order is flowing to billing document at header level. Not sure, why it is not flowing in your case.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi Ji,

Yes I had saved and see the accounting header view ,it is showing the same as maintained in CUST not the one maintained at sales order accounting header view.

Please advise.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What routine is assigned in VTFL header level. It should have been 003

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am creating both documents proforma & commercial with the same delivery.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshipati ji for quaick and effective response.

As per your suggestion I maintained Exchange rate in sales order and the same I am getting in Proforma Invoice that is not going to accounting.

But I am not getting that rate in commercial invoice that is needed for my solution.

Kindly advice.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Against which document, you were creating commercial invoice. It should have been against delivery.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am not getting that rate in commercial invoice

Have you tried to save and check ??

G. Lakshmipathi