Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV: Problem in exporting to excel with too many columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While exporting from ALV report to excel following issue was faced:

ALV report contains 81 columns out of which 67 columns are displayed properly but from 68th column onwards data is dispalyed on next row

I want all columns displayed on single row..

Any help will greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I was browsing through these threads to find anwer for the same issue.

So thought of putting my analysis which helped me resolve my problem.

Analysis/Solution:

When we export ALV data to excel worksheet, as sap notes say the maximum lenght allowed is 1023 charaters and the max no of columns supported is 90.

(I never faced any issue related to no of columns as it worked fine for columns >90 too)

Issue occured when row size of exported data gets more than 1023 character.

Therefore the row data must not exceed 1023 character, otherwise column splits and moves to next row.

One additional aspect generally missed is that:

When data in any particular column changes it's length, alv header also changes its lengh (short text, medium text, long text; depending on the length of of the longest cell in the column)

therefore even if you have total length of row less than 1023 character, there might be cases when your ALV header size exceeds this length.

Hopefully it will be helpful for you too.

Regards,

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but actually I already used this link but I have not found any option which helps me to arrange all columns in one row.

All my data is exported in excel but only issue is that all columns is not displayed in single row, 68 column onward data is displayed on next row

For example:

Emp Code Emp Code CPF No Employee Name Designation

MISC deduction CPF1 Adv.(Reg. Pay) CPF2 Adv.(Reg. Pay) Vehicle Adv.(Regular)

Explanation : MISC deduction field should come after designation field but is displayed on next row

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Can you let us know your netweaver version and SP level.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

ECC Version = 6.0

SAP Version = 7.0

Thnaks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it.

And if yes, would you bee so kind to tell me how you did it ?

Regards,

Dirk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I was browsing through these threads to find anwer for the same issue.

So thought of putting my analysis which helped me resolve my problem.

Analysis/Solution:

When we export ALV data to excel worksheet, as sap notes say the maximum lenght allowed is 1023 charaters and the max no of columns supported is 90.

(I never faced any issue related to no of columns as it worked fine for columns >90 too)

Issue occured when row size of exported data gets more than 1023 character.

Therefore the row data must not exceed 1023 character, otherwise column splits and moves to next row.

One additional aspect generally missed is that:

When data in any particular column changes it's length, alv header also changes its lengh (short text, medium text, long text; depending on the length of of the longest cell in the column)

therefore even if you have total length of row less than 1023 character, there might be cases when your ALV header size exceeds this length.

Hopefully it will be helpful for you too.

Regards,

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Thanks for the reply, I already came to the same conclusion that it's unfortunately not possible to have rows > 1023 chars.

Good tip you gave about the alv header !

Regards,

Dirk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Check this link to format ALV reports http://www.erpgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/Using%20ALV.pdf

Check if you missed something.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal