Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textedit Number of Characters are varying

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing issue with textedit UI element in webdynpro abap.

The issue is the size of characters in the textedit varying depending on the language.

For example:Consider a textedit with cols size is given 74

For English in each row it is allowing 72 Characters , For Japanse Language around 32 characters are allowing in each row, For Russia allowing around 40 characters.

How can i make textedit should allow number of characters same irrespective of any language.Means for english it should allow 72 characters, for Japanse also 72 characters should be allowed.

Your pointers will be highly appreciated.

Background : I am using Textedit UI Element in HR Projects to save/display the text from backend. In the backend Module Pool screen Textedit UI element is allowing 72 characters irrespective of any language.

Note : I have tried with all properties of Textedit UI Element but behavior is same.

Regards,

CW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlin,

Try using this function module RKD_WORD_WRAP to convert the text from your TextEdit UI element to a output length of 72. I think it may solve your problem.

Thanks & regards,

Raghuram K.R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could control it dynamically. Set the number of columns property of the TextEdit to a context attribute which you could change based on sy-langu.

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Romit for ur inputs.

But we can't control col size based On Language since we don't know the number of Languages . So It will become complex.

Moreover the number of Characters varying for different languages

Example cols size is given 74 For English it is alloing 71 Characters and For Japanese it is allowing 34 Characters ...etc.

Gurus : Any pointers this issue kindly help me out.

BR

-SS