cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEA Form 486 in GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GTS Gurus,

How can we manage DEA FORM 486 in a GTS? This is required in Chemical business and the company who is exporting any controlled subtance need to submit this to the US Customs 15 days prior to the shipment. I would like to understand how can this be managed in GTS system or this can be only be offline?

Kindly provide your input on this.

Thanks,

Kardam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam: I think you can make use pieces of License Management and customs management functionality to manage DEA FORM 486 & 486A.

For communication or Print there has to be certain amount of development effort needed. You can use ECCN/ICCN as product description tool for List I & List II types of chemicals. The mandatory UoM of KG is also a standard process from the SO or Delivery levels for exports or Purchase Orders for Imports.

You can use the manual customs declaration for consolidating the exports and also enhance it to meet the specific requirements like having the DEA license number etc.

If am right, DANIEL is DEA's application for License for Imports & Exports and hopefully its online now. So for online/offline, its capabilities also need to be understood. Read that its an internet based application.

Using SAP FT of ECC can also be another option for consideration.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

Thanks for your response.

I just would like know more about "DANIEL". I tried to check by this word in a web but i couldn't get the right one. If you can guide me on this, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Kardam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam: Please check this link - http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/mtgs/chem_industry/conf_2010/index.html

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abir,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately GTS implementation went on Hold for a time being. I think your given option is notable, however at this point of time this goes offline.

Regards,

Kardam