cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you retrieve properties of a BLS from within the BLS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using MII 12.0.

What I am wanting to do is to be able to read in the properties of the BLS as it's being executed, parse out the file path of it, and then write to the corresponding file path under the WEB tab. If the folder doesn't exist, then create it.

For example, if I my BLS is in the folder UTILITY/TEST/ABC, the file I would like to write out should then be in the /UTILITY/WEB/TEST/ABC folder.

If I took this same BLS and copied into the /UTILITYTEST/XYZ folder, when it ran, the file I would like to write out should then be in the /UTILITY/WEB/TEST/XYZ folder.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

From version 12.2 there is a function called 'transactionpath' that you can find in the Functions list of the link editor.

This will give the full path of transaction being run.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're eventually moving to 12.2, but not there yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont remember in what version it became available but in 12.1 you can use the 'transactionid' value that you can find in the Functions list of the link editor.

Use the id value to look up the transactions record in the XMII_TRANSACTIONS (ID = id) table in the netweaver database.

The NAME col with give you the transactions name.

*note: This will not work for transactions triggered via the workbench because the system generates a temp name for transactions run this way. Also depending on your servers DefaultTransactionPersistance settings there may not be a record for your transaction in the table.

Its a little hacky so you might be better off just creating local transaction properties with the path value you want and updating it manually.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree - it is klunky, and could be problematic....