cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM for multiple accounts sender..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we get a list of accounts from a sender file. THese accounts(will act as logins) will be used to retrieve files from their respective Unix directories. I was thinking if BPM is the only option here. To read account from the sender file and create a connection to the unix folder and send all the files to the receiver folder. Then it goes into a loop and picks up the next account from the sender file.

Any better way of designing such an interface without BPN or is BPM the only option??

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

your intent is pretty challenging. I would recommend to make use of BPM because of the comlexity the whole process.

Once you ve got the accounts you need to control the Communication Channel(s) dynamicly during runtime. You can achieve that with [Directory Application Programming Interface|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11655] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Udo

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

there are alternatives.

Let's say for instance you have 4 files in your source folder:

logins.txt

file1.xml

file2.xml

file3.xml

where logins.txt has 3 lines with login information for 3 different systems.

You could build a 1:n multimapping where the sender file adapter reads the logins.txt file and the xml files as additional files (they'll appear as multimapping). Then, if you have PI 7.1+, you could use the new Mapping API and read the attachments in mapping runtime, ultimately generating multiple (in this case, 3) instances of the target message.

The only issue would be with dynamic configuration for the file receiver adapter, since you can't use dynamic config in multi mappings. You could easily solve that by building a simple adapter module that fills the file adapter dynamic config based on some data in the message (e.g. in the mapping you add the login data as part of the payload - if necessary, you could remove that data from the payload in the module).

Oh, and you might need enhanced receiver determination for determining the receiver systems based on the payload (i.e. logins).

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Let us assume we have a file logins.txt and this file has 3 lines (3 FTP accounts information). Based on each line of this file, we need to do an FTP login to a remote server, and retrieve the files listed in the directory pertaining to each account and send it to a receiver. So there FTP login info would be fetched from the logins.txt file and based on a date range , the remote FTP account will be accessed and the files would be retrieved based on the date range.

Teresa

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first challenging part here is conencting to your FTP System using PI, it looks your FTP is bit different . first if the connection is working then you can apply BPM design to read multiple files as mentined in previous replies.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use of BPM depends upon what solution you have for your statement

"create a connection to the unix folder and send all the files to the receiver folder. "

Is this already designed?

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far we are in the drawing board of the design. If I have a file containing 10 FTP accounts and I need to login in into their FTP folders , 1 account at a time and pick up files based on a certain date range. This is the requirement. I was thinking about using BPM, to read the FTP accounts and the date range from the incoming file and then use one account at a time to log in into the FTP folder and retrieve their corresponding files based on the date range. Then re-do the same process for the second accounts and so on for the remaining accounts. Too confusing?

Teresa