Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Happy new year for all of you.

I need your expert advice on sales order versioning. Below the details of the issue.

I have a requirement to handle the versions of each sales order which I need to send for the approval of the sales Manager.

Sending a sales order for approval after its creation has been taken care with workflow. However, the new requirement to manage the version of each sales order (Versioning the sales order as many times as it undergone a change and saved in SAP).

This is required to access from non-sap system via RFC. Ofcourse, we can build the custom report to track the changes in SAP. However, I need to have entire set of data (Max.25 fieds including text info.(Header / Item) to be sent to non-sap system when they try to access a specific version document. example. version 2 of sales order (Version 3 - last changed document).

Example case:

1. User creates the sales order in R/3 system.

2. Approval notice sent to Approver inbox

3. User modified the sales order and sent the new notification

4. Approver should be able to access the sales order which was created initially (not updated data) as well as he should be able to access the updated sales order.

Could you please advice how I can achieve this.

Thanks,

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ofcourse, we can build the custom report to track the changes in SAP.

I don't see any other option to do this than the one you have mentioned. Any sales table contains more than 25 fields, hence creating and populating a Z-table with 25 fields should not be an issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivaram,

Thanks for your reply. Storing an info. in an custom is fine. But I am looking at the feasibility of sending the info. on demand to the non-sap system from SAP. Moreover, the data that needs to be send is not the single instance record. Document as whole updated on every save, needs to be send.

Can you through your views on this.

Thanks,

Sri.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The procedure may be as below;

1) When a sales order is created and changed, save the changed data with a version field in a Z-table.

2) While saving, make an output that can be triggered automatically and send the data to the external system. You may think about using standard ORDER IDOC for this. I am not sure, what fields you want to transmit, however almost all of the standard fields can be populated in the IDOC. If needed, you can append Z-segments in the standard IDOC. For example to populate the version number, you may need to add a z-field in the Z-segment of the IDOC, which can populate the value from the Z-table.

3) If the user wants to send the data off-line with version, then you may need to create customized screens and append the IDOC program with the relevant ABAP programs. In the selection screen you can provide option for field version, so that the program can check the Z-table and pull the relevant information. This is for manual triggering of the data.

Of course, this involves good amount of time for analysis of the data and discussion with an ABAP'er. Again this is my suggestion and there is always more that one way of fulfilling requirements. Check your system and follow the any method which ever suits you. Good luck.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaram, thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay.

I need this information to be interfaced to webapplication we need to reflect sales order versions. It is not only the changed data but the set of data (20 field information of vbak and vbap) of each version. when the user is click on any version of the given document, he should be presented with the data in that version and not the updated one. Hope you understand the requirement.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me

sales order Approver is sales Manager or Sales Director or Board of director.

In which table these approver name is mentioned.

p_doraivel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Das

Sales Order approver can by any one; that is decided by the business. that specific authorization can be given to the user referred by business.

Thanks