cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Exception : The data exceeds the length

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am updating a MDM record through API . modifyrecord . I am changing almost 50 fields in record and then modifying . I get an error , the data exceeds the length . How can i know which particular Field is giving error . It just says the data excced the length but which fields is not shown in error .How to get the field name .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion.

1. I am using MDMjava APIs .modifyrecord. secondly , I am updating only single record . I am modifying the different fields of a single record . I set the fields in a record and then modify the record in a single command not in a loop and not running modify command for every field.

MDM API should give the field name rather than giving a general statement .i

Experts , is there any other way of getting the field name which is exceeding the length.i dont really have choice of using any other command.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Govind,

did you check server and repository logs.. I am positive that you will find information there.. Please give a try...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I assume u r using ABAP.

Check if the data type u have assigned for all the fields is correct.

Specially check for integer fields also.

MDM_GDT_INTEGERVALUE only takes data upto 4 bytes but if it exceeds this limit u need to use MDM_GDT_DOUBLE.

Server exception mostly happens when some parameter is not entered correctly.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Put a print statement after every records updated, this way you'll get to know which records are getting updated, and when error occurs, you'll know which field.

Else you need to check in Console, for the field properties.

Regards,

Abhishek