cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table name Upper/Lower case in IDT

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

If The table names are changed from upper to lower or lower to upper ,the DFX is not recognizing the real table.For example if the table name is in upper case i change it lower case DFX says there is no table with that name.

so is there any option where we can say to consider both upper and lower case as one.

If The column names are changed from upper to lower or lower to upper ,the aliases and joins in the DFX are breaking.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you've found that you have case sensitive tables, won't this depend on whether your database collation is case-sensitive?

I'm sure you'd be able to repoint all your foundation tables etc manually, but i doubt that the IDT developers would want to change much in this area.

Unless you're convinced you've found a bug, this would probably be considered an enhancement request suggestion for Ideas Place https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas/businessanalytics/sbosemanticlayer

Regards,

H

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I think on the database side

select * from table

should be same as

select * from TABLE

but on IDT side it is not seeing both as same.

the whole point of asking this question s the dfx is so big ,

recreating or checking each table and again checking the alias tables is double work,

On db side it is fine but idt is asking for exact case.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure the DB's not case-sensitive? what vendor and version is it?

or perhaps the middleware you're using requires it ? which type and version are you using?

Eitherway, I would suggest that it is not good practice to be renaming database tables at the same time as reporting content is being delivered ontop of it ..

Oh, and yes, you can edit the .prm file - for your specific db-vendor - found somewhere under

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer

and there should be a line such as DELIMIT_LOWERCASE parameter or CASE_SENSITIVE which you can switch from YES to NO.

Good luck

Regards,

H

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks alot henry for your inputs,

i think i twisted the question and made things little complex here let me explain what i am doing here,

I built a universe based on oracle db in IDT,

its pretty big with many aliases etc.

here all tables and column names are in upper case

now we have greenplum db with same exact table structure and column names but in lower case,

so when i go to IDT and change the connection i expected it to pick the table structure automatically,

but it did not do that ,

and later i went and changed the table name manually to lower case and DFX picked it up

and i clicked on refresh structure and it showed that all upper case columns are missing

and new lower case columns are added to the table,

so i went ahead and clicked ok for the changes then after that all the joins started breaking and aliases did not pick up the changes.

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

I see only this related to case or upper or lower,

I am not sure how to change this to take lower = upper.

</Function>

<Function Group="False" ID="Uppercase" InMacro="True" Type="String">

<Arguments>

<Argument Type="String"></Argument>

</Arguments>

<SQL>upper($1)</SQL>

</Function>

<Function Group="False" ID="Lowercase" InMacro="True" Type="String">

<Arguments>

<Argument Type="String"></Argument>

</Arguments>

<SQL>lower($1)</SQL>