Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find shopping cart in SOCO before approval

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new with SRM and I'd like to understand why I am not able to find SC before approval using 'FIND' tab in the Sourcing cockpit, giving all required search data.

I've tried using product, vendor etc., but still I am not able to find any SC created before approval.

If I try trough 'Check status' it works.

Please advise !

Helpfull answers will be rewarded

Thanks,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The SC will be visible to you in SOCO only after the approval process is complete.

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

There is a requirement from business people to have that functionality.

Is it possible to have it,even if it is not standard functionality, BADI, IMG config ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Sounds a bit scarry

Please confirm ! Does it means that there is no way /ABAP development etc / to find SC in the SOCO before approval ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

A feature where you can create an RFX from SOCO for an SC while this SC is in saved or awaiting approval is available in SRM 7.0 EHP2. This release is in ramp up .

I suppose this is the feature you looking for.

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for your answer !

Currently we are using SRM Server 550.

Based on your reply my understanding is that I won't be able to modify the system behaviour in searching SCs before approval until the system will be upgraded.

Is that correct ?

I'd like to share with you the exact request from the business.

It is as follows:

"Sourcing cockpit

SC does not appear until approval. Product cat can be changed after approvalu2026

Recommendation:

Use reviewer before approvals for u201Cdescribe requirement optionsu201D

BUYER should be able to change prod.cat. in the case of a free-text/describe-requirement SC line.

u2022 It doesnu2019t make sense to change the prod.cat for punched catalogue items

u2022 It does sometimes make sense in free-text because the shopper might not have picked the appropriate catu2026.!

SC monitor

Does not allow changes to SC product cat before approval.

-probably do not need it here."

Please advise !

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its sure that you should try your requirement doing some Z developement. One pointer I can give is,

In the SC the indicator SOURCE_REL_IND is what decides if this SC has to appear in SOCO or not.

You can find this indicator in the tcode : bbp_pd

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

One last request !

Probably because I am new with SRM I was not able to find that indicator / SOURCE_REL_IND / in the Document Display List.

What I've found is:

Stats:

Status Description Inactiv

HEADER I1015 Awaiting Approval

HEADER I1021 Created

HEADER I1038 Complete

HEADER I1106 Shopping cart ordered

Can you please advise me where exactly to look for that indicator ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

tcode : bbp_pd

select your SC

then double click on your item and just search for this indicator by using keyword sourcing

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I've tried exactly as you explained, but the System returns:

'Search unsuccessful no hits found for: sourcing'.

What I did wrong ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you double click on the item and then did the search??

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Yes, I did and if you check my postings above I've copied small part of the screen.

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What part you copied is the header data...

you will find a line for each item in the SC, that line you need to double click

Regards

Sam

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I did some investigation.

Maybe I can use 'BBP_SOURCING_BADI' and to modify that indicator.

Do you think that BADI is relevant and could solve the problem ?

Thanks,

Stefan

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

My mistake.

Finally I've found that indicator and it is set to ' ', it is clear / No sourcing relevant /.

Thanks,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you have to find a way to set this to X when SC is still in approval. I am not a developer so I have not much knowledge

Regards

Sam

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

You need to challenge your customer regarding his requirement...

Sourcing Cockpit is relevant for Shopping Cart without any source of supply (suppliers, contracts). This step is under purchaser responsability and Sourcing Cockpit is dedicated for this.

The assignment of Source Of Supply is done after SC approval workflow: what kind of problem your customer has with this process flow ?

If SOS must be assigned to SC as first step of its validation, easier way is to insert Buyer in SC wokflow in order to allow purchaser to assign supppliers (contracts).

I do not recommend you at all to modify standard flow.

Regards.

Laurent.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Laurent,

Please have a look at the customer requirement.

Hi - prior to the annual stacks and patches process - we used to be able to amend shopping cart product categories in the sourcing cockpit [if needed] prior to the cart being approved/released

Since then we have lost this ability - apparently it was a 'back door' closed by one of the SAP updates.

We would like this fucntionality back iff possible - this is because the product category drives the eventual GL the costs are posted to and certain shoppers just pick any product category.

Because of above mentioned requirement I have to modify the standard functionality in order to give them the option to be able to find/search and modify SC.

Please advise how to proceed !

Thanks,

Stefan

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

As i wrote it previously, insert inside SC approval workflow a Buyer level.

In this way, Purchasers will be able to change Product Category (and, as a consequence, General Ledger Account) before workflow is over.

Regards.

Laurent.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

As I am just a developer and I work on this without Functional consultant I am not sure how to do it, but if you advise me that would be great.

Can you please tell me how can I do that ?

Thanks,

Stefan

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your SRM release ?

Regards.

Laurent.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

SRM 5.0

SRM Server 550

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Morning Laurent,

Kindly I'd like to request for your help, because looks like it is a bit urgent.

Can you please explain to me how to do that customization proposed by you ?

Of course your helpfull answer will be rewarded

Tnanks&Regards,

Stefan

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

As i don't know what is already existing regarding Shopping Cart workflow in your system, i can only give you link to SAP help:

[SRM 5.0 Business Workflow|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/8b/4fa9585db211d2b404006094b92d37/content.htm]

Regards.

Laurent.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thank you for your answer !

My understanding is that I have to modify the workflow for the business object BUS2121 (Shopping cart) and to insert Bayer level.

Is that correct ?

Is it under: SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->SAP Business Workflow->Perform Task-Specific Customizing

Thanks,

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you wont. that is the standard functionality.

only when SC is approved it will be transfered to sourcing cockpit if sourcing is not present in SC.

about checking in Check Status, that application is for checking SCs (own or teams) irrespective of the status.