cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server: java.lang.NullPointerExc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario wherein i have to send file from FTP to application server of ECC.

I don't want to do any mapping and transformation; Just need to transfer the file as it is.

I have achieved this using Integrated scenario.

But in the sender communication channel i get an error saying "Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "*.*.*.*:*": java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have checked all my FTP parameters many times and everything is correct.

Thanks,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was it from your work station or from PI server that you established this connection using Filezilla? Remember that it is not only your computer, but the server that needs to have access to the FTP. And that is what "opening a port in firewall" means - you need to make sure that there are no network issues between PI and company's firewall does not block the connection. Ask your network administrator whether port 21 (the standard one for FTP connections) is open for PI and if your particular IP address (of the FTP server) is accessible from PI. If not, then he is the right person to help you fix this.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked my communication and all FTP parameters are correct.

i connected to the FTP using Filezilla and it got connected...

Can you explain what you mean by opening port or firewall.... Is it something from FTP side or SAP PI basis side.

Thanks,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the connect test of FTP in either of the below ways.

1. Use FTP Dos command (i.e go the run and type ftp..) and from there try to login to the source FTP server by using FTP Commands. If you are able to connect to the same then ask your basis to check the connectivity test from PI server.

If you are not able to connect check the error you are getting and post the same if you are not able to resolve the same.

2. There is Program from SAP which need to be deployed into Server and after that you can test the ftp connection by yourselves from PI server. Search in sap support for Connection Test SAP Note..

HTH

Rajesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But in the sender communication channel i get an error saying "Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "*.*.*.*:*": java.lang.NullPointerException"I have checked all my FTP parameters many times and everything is correc

One of the main reasons is invalid connection details or firewall port issues. Check with BASIS team that your server is within firewall and no port issues. Als make sure the ftp connection server address, port are valid one.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Receiver Communication Channel configuration, especially Server and Port. Moreover, if you are using a domain name (instead of an IP number) for the FTP server, than make sure that PI is able to resolve that domain name correctly.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz