cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/sap/trans Destroyed

0 Kudos

Hi all

As the topic says my HDD failed and i lost /usr/sap/trans dir on my DEV(Domain controlled) system

What options do i have in terms of rebuilding the transports that were in the respective Queues waiting to be imported.

I have a Hdd expert looking at the drive. What specific files would need to be recovered to get the transport back in the Queue.

If the transport was NBDK901085.

In which directories do the files sit... (Data Dir)?.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally your hardware vendor should give you all data recovered and in state where it was earlier more importantly data and cofile folders as said above.

In worst case, if you are not able to recover the data; alternate solution will be with help of your technical team and lots of re-work. Option is to create a transport of copies, where in object should be as ur older transport's objects whose data and co-files are missing, then release the transport of copies request and import in subsequent systems.

for an ex. if at OS level, cofile and data file of TR NBDK901085 are missing.

go to se01

- create transport of copies request

-click on object list

- select radio button - object of transport request

- Put TR number NBDK901085

- release this new TR and you can import the same in ur QA and prod with the same changes as of NBDK901085

Do let me know in case of any confusion.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone for your input and help

I will try all recommendations

Thank you again

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

From transport request perspective, you should need at least cofiles and data files of request NBDK901085.

From TMS perspective you need everything under /usr/sap/trans like buffer, bin, cofiles, data etc... Hope your HDD will be ready with no data loss.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

To Rebuild the transport you must recover DATA and COFILES of the transport, data file and cofiles will only be generated if you have released your transport.IF you have not released the transport and its still in modifiable status,your changes will be lost.

They can be found at /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles folder respectively.

Once you recover data and cofiles, you can put into the /usr/sap/trans/data and cofiles folder respectively and do an import from target system.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this

Regards,

Easwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very sorry to hear that.

You will need atleast 2 files for each transport request, data and cofile.

For tp request NBDK901085.

you will need /usr/sap/trans/data - NBDR901085 and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles - NBDK901085.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Easwar.