cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost transfer to a Billing WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Seek your help in fixing an issue, I am facing now.

I wanted to transfer some actual cost from one WBS to another, Hence, I tried FB01, with posting keys 40 and 50, I am able to the transfer. But, the issue I am facing here is, When I m performing the Debit posting, it gave an error message 'WBS element SEW-08901-02 is not a billing element (Message no. CJ052)'

My question here is, it is an actual cost that I am posting /transferring, not the revenue, then why the system is giving the error message like that, even, i tried to book some cost on the same WBS, but still the same message.

Is it mandatory, that for any postings /transfer for a WBS it should be a billing element? I dont think so.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per suggested check cost elemet for which you want to post entry. If in KA03 , you find cost element catagoty as 11 then it is revenue and that's why you are getting error.

Regards

Keshav

0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly check the cost element group in allocation structure. If the revenue cost element is mapping in the group than this error has occurred.

Thanks,

Asu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Asu,

I am using FB01, not the settlement (CJ88). Even i tried settlment, but there is no SPRO setting supporting for that. I believe, Allocation structure comes into picture only when we are trying with the settlement.

Please correct me if am wrong. Also.

Thanks,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

Check the GL account for which you are getting this error. That might be defined / set-up as a Revenue CE. So you need to use a GL that is for cost and then system will let you use the same WBS Element.

Regards

Sreekanth

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do what ever spro settings required for settlement. And settle cost from one wbs to other. Doing through FB01 is not advised. This will create audit issues. and unwarranted complications.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

I tried to check the gl/cost element, but I was not able to trace exactly whether the GL is defined as a Revenue CE. As per my understanding, the account can be defined as P&L and Balance sheet accounts.

Favor if you could let me know, where exactly I can see the same setting.

Thank you,

Regard

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vengaiah,

I have had tried all the options, Settlement, KB11N, KB61, Assessment & Distribution methods (FI) but end up with NO transfer.

Hence, trying this option. Plesse let me know if you have any other options.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In KA03; put the cost element and under Basic Data you can see a field for cost element category. Check whetehr the one for which you are getting error is set as "Revenue". If yes; then you need to use a GL pertaining to cost for your posting.

Reagrds

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth /Keshav,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Yes, I have checked my Cost Element in KA03 and found that the cost element category maintained for the same is 11 u2013 Revenues, hence it was giving me the message. I have user the cost element with categoty 1 and it is working with no messages.

One quick check here-

Can we use secondary cost element for actual cost transfer (from WBS to WBS) via any t-code like KB61, KB15N, KB51N etc?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using KB11N for reporsting the actual costs? Try it once and let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I tried both KB11N andKB61, but they did not work. Even i tried with settlement (from sender to receiver) but there is NO supporting SPRO settings for this option. Hence, went for FB01.

Please suggest if there are any other options.

Thanks,

Sumanth