cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of an Business Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we want to install a new Business Connector. It exists a BC but the old machine should be on another hardware. Is it possible to migrate the settings and data from the old system to the new?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Damian,

There is a nice documentation delivered by SAP with every SAP BC installation. Check your BC installation path, go to "doc" folder, you will find the SAPBCAdministrationGuide.pdf file. You will find the chapter "Copying Packages from One Server to Another" in this document (starting on page 199 in my version), which describes the process of transporting a package in details.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damian,

You can replicate the packages from your old system to the new one using standard BC transporting mechanism, once the new system is set up. But as far as I know, settings like creation of users or routing rules need to be performed manually.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Does a documentation to configure the transport mechanism or is it implemented automatically?

Because I´m new in BC and I don´t find documents or else on Service Marketplace. Only the installation guide.