Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC let errors pass

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we read from a FTP site. We are using seeburger BIC to convert the messages to something readable.

Unfortantly there are also som junk messages in the file folder or they contain a UNA that Seeburger does not understand. This mean that the seeburger module throws an error. It seems like the FTP adapter cannot move the file to the error folder, so the next file can be processed.

Any ideas on how this can be changed so we can process the files even when some of the messages are failing..

Daniel

[figaf|http://figaf.com]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

We have had the same issue with Conversion Agent. We raised a SAP note and SAP said the exception raised from the module must be a Retry Control Exception in order for the Archive command to work as expected but Conversion Agent was not raising this exception. I assume the same is applicable with Seeburger BIC.

You can try raising this with Seeburger.

Regards

Jai

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll try to open the OSS on this.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some 2 years back, I had the same issue with Seeburger and raised an OSS. My comments are here in this thread

Unfortunately, SAP didn't come up with any good solution at that time. I guess Seeburger still haven't changed their module to throw permanent error. Unless that happens, you won't be able to achieve this.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Daniel

Could you put the exactly error?

I have some situation with bad source files..Seeburger Adapter can't read them and stopped the process.

Regards.

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek ,

Thanks. We will see what happens.

I guess that we need to find an other solution to handle the failed messages.

I guess it will be something like adding an alarm on the disk if there are files stored for more than 10 minutes.

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

It seems like the FTP adapter cannot move the file to the error folder, so the next file can be processed.

Any ideas on how this can be changed so we can process the files even when some of the messages are failing..

It could probably be also related to the issue of the file adapter archiving e.g processing mode is set to archive and when there are errors, the rest of the messages cannot be processed or at least some a stucked. What we have done is to set the mode to delete and disable archiving for the moment. Maybe if you also disable the archiving for faulty files, it could also work on your end.

Hope this helps,

Mark