cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick up a specific file with File Sender Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would like to know how I can pick a specific file in a file pool (folder)? I would like to choose this file by name, like FileA or FileB, etc.

I’m asking this because I have an asynchronous file scenario (BPM) with a receiver adapter that put the File with a specific name (variable substitution) in a folder.

And I would like to do something like this:

In another asynchronous scenario (BPM), a File sender adapter picks up this specific file (using the name). The correlation is made trough an IDOC that XI receives before pick up the file, this IDOC has payload field with the name of file to be picked.

Is it possible receives the IDOC, read the field with the name of the file to be picked and choose this specific file? In a Sender File Adapter how I can do something like variable substitution like receiver adapter does.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Is it possible receives the IDOC, read the field with the name of the file to be picked and choose this specific file? In a Sender File Adapter how I can do something like variable substitution like receiver adapter does.</i>

No this is not possible. The only dynamic thing you can do is use wild card characters like *.

So, maybe you can pick a file like . or AA. and so on...

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can create a BPM that will wait IDOC and File (Fork step) (Sender Fill Adapter will pick up all files .) then you compare correlation id with file name (mapping step). If the result is true you process the file if not stop business process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

Answers (0)