cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Solution Builder on newly created Client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an existing SAP system and I created new client via SCC4 without doing any client copy (means it's blank).

Can I logon to the newly created client via SAP* (since there's no other user id) and run Solution Builder to activate those SAP best practices Building Block? Will that affect other existing client (what I mean, will there be a cross-client customizing?

regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abraham,

Have you made the logical system through BD54 and assigned it to newly created client?

Can I logon to the newly created client via SAP* (since there's no other user id) and run Solution Builder to activate those SAP best practices Building Block?

Yes you can login.

Will that affect other existing client (what I mean, will there be a cross-client customizing?

If you dont want any cross client to be affected then through SCC4 you lock the client for cross client modification.and also through SE06 you make system as non-modifiable, after that proceed with the activation of SAP best pratcices building Block.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Barnawal,

Thanks for your reply.

Somehow, I was stuck with Scoping step after I did the import of solution scope and upload of installation data. It's about the domain name issue which I did insert the name in the Hosts file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc with

<10.1.1.99 agrotech-prod.agro.com> but still not working. Actually, we don't have a domain name as this is a local server. I just simply put agro.com as the domain name, whereas, agrotech-prod is our server's name.

what would be the problem?

regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

Can I logon to the newly created client via SAP* (since there's no other user id) and run Solution Builder to activate those SAP best practices Building Block? Will that affect other existing client (what I mean, will there be a cross-client customizing?

Yes, You can login to newly created client via SAP*. However, running or activation on empty client is not advisable.

Please copy the Newly created client from 000 or 001 and start the activation.

Refer to below link for SAP best practices Activation.

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/HCM_ERP605_US/html/installation_page_EN_US.htm

IMPLEMENT - Solution Builder Simplified path to activate SAP Best Practices.

Graphical scenario selection; Standard scope templates

http://help.sap.com/bp_dm603/BBlibrary/General/SAP_Best_Practices_overview_EN.ppt

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abraham,

Sarvanti is right that you should copy 000 client into your newly created client first then proceed.

And in host entry please mention the short name(ie only server name ) as well.

If your local machine is not on netwrok then you have to install loopback adapter.

Find in google how to do that, you will get lots of link.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal