cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyse Reason for Release - Customs Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

In my control settings for SPL, i have maintained such that whenever you release a Partner/Document its mandatory to ask for comments and Reasons for Release, so as we can keep track of all manual releases.

For Partner the functionality seems to be working as expected. For Customs document even though the settings have been maintained, it still only asks for comments and never for the Reason for release.

I also see an option in the Analyse Reasons for release transaction for Customs document - that means it is possible.

Am i doing something wrong here, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl: In the settings, how many reasons for release codes are maintained for embargo/License - documents? You should have multiple reason codes maintained in the settings with release determination procedure for system prompting you the option seeking.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we do have a release det. procedure with 5 release reasons inside. This option seems to be working when i try to remove a Pos/Neg list partner or during any manual screening activity release a partner.

Only during the option manually releasing documents, where i only get the comments box and no Reason for release code selection.

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl: As you have mentioned that there are release codes and release determination procedure available. Then Go to the config settings: Control settings for SPL service or control settings for Embargo service-> Select your legal regulation and go into details.

In the details display at the bottom, you can see reason for release (Activation & Procedure). I think only comment entry is there in the activation. Kindly have it to Enter Reason & comments. This should be a drop down. Please test it in a test environment & see the results. The Reason for Release along with comments should populate at Manual release of documents.

Regards,

Abir

Edited by: Abir Banerjee on Jan 10, 2012 9:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir

I just did a quick check, The config in Embargo and SPL seems consistent - Enter Reason and Comments, and assigned to the Release det procedure properly also.

My concern realy comes, that when i am doing any activity regarding a Business Partner, i get the prompt to the enter the reason code, but only in Customs document, this doesnot seem to work.

Any ideas what else am i missing? or is this a bug?

Thanks

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Carl, please raise an OSS to SAP for further help.

Regards,

Abir